1. Collapse Details
    Well blow me down...
    Déjà vu (French pronunciation: [deʒa vy], meaning "already seen") is the experience of feeling sure that one has already witnessed or
    experienced a current situation, even though the exact circumstances of the previous encounter are uncertain and were perhaps imagined or not.
    Deal with it...

2. Collapse Details
    Steak Knife Member David G. Smith's Avatar
    Wow.... what will they think of next?!
    "The enemy of art is the absence of limitations"
    -Orson Wells.

"To me the great hope is... people that normally wouldn't be making movies will make them and suddenly some little fat girl in Ohio will be the new Mozart and will make a beautiful film using her father's camera-corder and the "Professionalism" of movie making will be destroyed forever and it will finally become an art form."
    -Francis Ford Coppola.

3. Collapse Details
    That's awesome! There have been a few times where I was thinking of a short video idea, only to come up with, "But where am I going to get 300 people to sit here all day?"

Now I know.

4. Collapse Details
    Steak Knife Member David G. Smith's Avatar
    Well, I would bet that they are not exactly cheap, but it beats hiring real crowds. This reminds me of the huge money shot in "Gone With the Wind", when Scarlett is looking for Dr. Meade because Melanie is having her baby, and she stumbles out of the hospital and sees the mass of wounded troops. The camera pulls back and cranes back to revel the train yard with thousand of wounded Confederates. It is reported that they used a lot of dummies to supplement the extras. That would be so much simple now with this outfit and digital compositing.
    "The enemy of art is the absence of limitations"
    -Orson Wells.

"To me the great hope is... people that normally wouldn't be making movies will make them and suddenly some little fat girl in Ohio will be the new Mozart and will make a beautiful film using her father's camera-corder and the "Professionalism" of movie making will be destroyed forever and it will finally become an art form."
    -Francis Ford Coppola.

5. Collapse Details
    Incredible. They just look so good. I can't wrap my head around how people accomplish the detailed realism required for something like that. It's just like when I look at almost anything the art department works on.

6. Collapse Details
    Pookie; how did you find this?

Actually; never mind...

- Mikko
    Mikko Wilson
    Steadicam Owner / Operator - Juneau, Alaska, USA
    +1 (907) 321-8387 - mikkowilson@hotmail.com - www.mikkowilson.com