Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Keaton View Post
    I liked this one. Dude is collecting planets, how freaky. This must've taken an eon to make. The only complaint I have is that the space shots seemed jittery. Good Job!
    Thanks Chris. A few people had problems with playback due to the high levels of compression needed on some of the shots, something for me to work on.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis TS View Post
    Finally got this one to work for me. Wow what a huge undertaking for the time to do these fests. Kudos for finishing. I really appreciate the amount of work going into this. I don't know much about 3D programs but have done some After Effects stuff and it really takes a lot of time.
    However, a great looking animation isn't enough, we still need a story and the animation as good as it is doesn't get there alone. With some dialog I think you could bridge the gap from great animation to great story. That way we could learn more about the character and really gain some insights.

This is one that I was really excited to see and glad I finally got it to play for me. Great work wish I could do cool 3d modeling like that. I'm jealous. This was a fun one to watch.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. I considered a voice over, but with such an odd looking character it would have seemed strange having him talk with an English accent So I went for silent.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Charli View Post
    At first I thought, "This is cheesy FX" until we go into the interior then I realized the whole thing was animated. I did not read the thread before I viewed the short, so it came as a complete...

Spoiler:

AMAZING surprise. I am a sucker for animation. Sure you didn't have more than one character so he had no one to banter with. Sure it didn't have conflict. Sure it wasn't much of a story.

But I LOVED it. For the simple fact it was so out-of-the-box unexpected! When he smiled that made me laugh. You had me the moment your character walked onto the screen. From there I was hooked.

From a storytelling point of view there wasn't enough meat, but hey, everybody loves popcorn. This is one I am definitely going to share with my friends. Very good job on an "original" concept!

I'm really happy that you enjoyed it Charli, thank you.

4. Collapse Details
    I had to download this 5 times before I could watch it. I dug it. Cool character. I wish I could collect planets.

"I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers."

5. Collapse Details
    Spoiler:
    The theremin-esque score felt very Martian. Liked that. The character's design was fitting also. I'm not knowledgeable in the technologies at work here but I'm sure it was a lot of work so congrats on that alone. I do feel like it's really hard to compete with the high level animation these days. I saw a few jumps and some aliased edges which distracted me. I dig the Martian concept and I bet with time this could be nigh perfect.
    SCRIPTFEST VII TOP 3 | THE MELT | WEBSITE | IMDB | EMAIL
    Wordsmith & Graphic Designer. Will work for credit, coffee and money.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678