Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Nope. Not too late. Often times people will start a thread a day or two before the deadline, write it, shoot it, and have it in moments before the deadline. I haven't even shot mine yet (shooting this Friday night). I think many of the entrants haven't shot theirs yet, either. The fests are GREAT, though, because you really do get a lot of helpful feedback to help you improve yourself.

2. Collapse Details
    Oh, okay. I see. Thanks, Hawk. I'll try and figure out what to do next :-)

3. Collapse Details
    BTW: Good luck with your shoot!

4. Collapse Details
    K, having fun with this so far

Two questions:

1) I would like to apply for anonymity (Wilbur aint my real name), how do I go about this?
    2) Interviews and such with the cast, do I just hold onto that until it is requested?

Thanks
    Happy is the man who finds his passion.

5. Collapse Details
    What are people doing when they make notations like" "Reserved"?

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by olindacat View Post
    What are people doing when they make notations like" "Reserved"?
    They are saving spots in their thread for posting things like images, bts videos, and such - once they have them.

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks, Chris. BTS = behind the scenes? Are people posting their scripts for critique? Do they make shot lists or storyboards and submit those too? I see posters already, but thought those were due upon submission. Is poster supposed to be a PDF? Press-ready or screen res? (Sorry, just seeking clarification.)

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by olindacat View Post
    Thanks, Chris. BTS = behind the scenes? Are people posting their scripts for critique? Do they make shot lists or storyboards and submit those too? I see posters already, but thought those were due upon submission. Is poster supposed to be a PDF? Press-ready or screen res? (Sorry, just seeking clarification.)
    BTS stands for "Behind The Scenes" video and you need to make one for your film. It's easy though. It could be an interview with cast and crew or it could be random shots of your crew in action (which is what we did). It doesn't have to be amazing (it could be a web cam), it should just let the community hear or see a bit of what you went through to get your film made.

You do not need to submit your script or shot list. Most filmmakers try to keep their film a secret so the audience can be surprised.

Posters are also a required element, but I think they are pretty fun to do. If you do like creating them, I'm sure you can find someone here who will create one for you. The poster can just be a jpg (720 x 486 pixels) so it can be shared and posted online. And yes, you are correct, you don't need to have one, until the submission deadline.

The fests are a lot of fun and great way to learn the craft of filmmaking. I hope you enter.

9. Collapse Details
    Thanks, Chris. Working in it thanks to you and Hawk.

10. Collapse Details
    I was hoping to write a film for this festival, but I couldn't develop anything that was strong and that I really wanted to film. Maybe in another festival. I enjoyed reading the description on the villains. Reminds me of The Joker from The Dark Knight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12