Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    GH2 Workflow Video from Call Box released

Hey Folks-

Just a quick note to let you know we just released a workflow video for the GH2. This one focuses on shooting video with a look at the Final Cut Pro post-production workflow. Take a peek-

http://www.callboxlive.com/products/...-gh2-guidebook

This course will get Panasonic GH2 owners quickly up to speed with their cameras! Digital production industry expert Noah Kadner takes you step by step through the the critical functions and operation of this popular DSLR hybrid video camera.

Noah then goes to his edit suite to work with the AVCHD footage in post-production — with a focus on Final Cut Pro. The GH2 Guidebook offers over forty-five minutes of concentrated tips and instruction.

Armed with this training course, Panasonic GH2 users will have the tools they need to get the most out of their cameras in production and post-production.

Thanks,
    Noah
    One of 50 Best Websites for Moviemakers by MovieMaker Magazine: www.CallBoxLive.com
    40% discount code for DVXusers: dvxcbx20
    Good on all Call Box videos including Panasonic GH2, Panasonic AC160/130 and GoPro HD.

2. Collapse Details
    Looks good. Have tweeted for you. @movingpictureTV

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by movingpictureTV View Post
    Looks good. Have tweeted for you. @movingpictureTV
    Awesome- appreciate that!

-Noah
    One of 50 Best Websites for Moviemakers by MovieMaker Magazine: www.CallBoxLive.com
    Good on all Call Box videos including Panasonic GH2, Panasonic AC160/130 and GoPro HD.

4. Collapse Details
    Response has been tremendous so far- thanks a lot folks!

Noah

5. Collapse Details
    Awsome Noah! When does the discounted promo end? Also, what is the length of the video?

Thanks! Looking forward to this!

6. Collapse Details
    It's 45 minutes and discount will probably last until the end of the month but don't hold my feet to the fire on that one.

-Noah

7. Collapse Details
    New User!
    Noah, your guidebook looks great, especially for a prospective buyer like me who wants to get started in video with DSLRs (and mirrorless equivalents). I'm considering buying the GH2 vs. the new Nikon D5100 (upgrading from a D40), but I'd be curious to hear from an experienced GH2 evangelist such as yourself why you think the GH2 is the best. Do you have a video like that you can share? Like why you chose the GH2 or chose to write about it. It would target really well people like me who don't own a GH2 but are considering it and would love a proper and thorough introduction like the one your providing.

Sorry, that was a bit long winded.

Thanks.

8. Collapse Details
    I think you can scan these boards and get a pretty good idea why folks are excited about the GH2. Is it the last camera you'll ever buy- not likely but it's a great one at this stage in the market's development. I personally dig it for a variety of reasons, including-

• Excellent video quality and control over depth of field
    • Very versatile lens mount- with adapters you can use just about any lens type out there= Nikon, Canon, MFT, FT, etc.
    • Very small and compact- great for travel.
    • Manual control
    • Great screen and view finder
    • Relatively Inexpensive

I could go on but I'd say honestly it's all about bang for the buck. If you want a cinematic look this is about the smallest, least expensive way to do it.

As an aside- during the video I also point out specific aspects of the GH2 that set it apart from other cameras in its class. That's the sort of content you might be interested in if you want to learn more before pulling the trigger on the actual camera itself. In other words, having the camera itself is not an absolute prerequisite to getting something useful from the course.

-Noah

9. Collapse Details
    Definitely a brief tour of the GH2. Having the GH2 and following these forums for a couple months now I found the information a little basic for my needs. If youre brand new the GH2 or DSLR video in general I highly recommend it.
    Last edited by alexmeadeint; 04-19-2011 at 10:33 PM.

10. Collapse Details
    I'm a relatively new user, at least to video, and while some stuff was good for new users, it also could be more specific about such things as camera navigation, more optimal settings, and camera mounts. Still, a nice overview, as mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmeadeint View Post
    Definitely a brief tour of the GH2. Having the GH2 and following these forums for a couple months now I found the information a little basic for my needs. If youre brand new the GH2 or DSLR video in general I highly recommend it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast