1. Collapse Details
    Azden WMS-PRO wireless mic to Sony V1U?
    What do I need to be concerned about if I find a 3.5mm female to XLR male adaptor to connect the Azden wireless mic to my V1U?

How would I know if the pinouts are correct? And balanced, unbalanced a issue?

Thanks,
    Dennis
    Dennis

2. Collapse Details
    Unfortunately, units like Beachtek or Studio One are made to go the other way, that is, to take an XLR input and give you a 1/8" output from it. Someone may make a more professional adapter, but I think you'll end up just using a cord type. Shure used to make good ones. I'm not sure if they still do or not though. It's tough to find one that's not going to give you noise issues. If there's any chance you can find someone who has a wireless setup with XLR outs to trade your unit with, I'd highly recommend going that route instead. Ebay and Craigslist will be your best friends here.

3. Collapse Details

4. Collapse Details
    The thing is, you're going from what I assume has to be an unbalanced out from the mic to a balanced input of the cam, and you're going to end up with volume and noise issues if you don't have an inline transformer to deal with things. What you need is the exact opposite of this:

http://store.shure.com/store/shure/e...ctID.104215400

I've been looking online but I just can't seem to find any cords that will deal with the impedance issue. I'm not saying that the ones you've listed won't work. You can try them, but there's a good chance that you won't get very much volume going into the cam using those, which means you'll be boosting the volume all the way up on the cam, and that still might not be enough, so you'll raise it again in post, and by the time you're done, you've raised the noise floor considerably.

5. Collapse Details
    I was afraid of that. And that interface has the wrong connectors on both ends.
    And cost almost as much as I can get the complete mic setup for.
    Dennis

6. Collapse Details
    I still think Ebay's your best bet. You might just be able to sell it for the exact price you need to buy a different one with an XLR out.

7. Collapse Details
    I never actually bought the set, until I could determine if it could be used on my camera.

I will probably just forget the whole idea of a wireless mic.
    Dennis

8. Collapse Details
    Off the topic, I noticed your 34 Ford avatar. My user name comes from the old dune buggy swoopie body shape during the 60s (kind of like this ~). I always wanted a deuce coup if for no other reason than that you can get parts for them so easily. I also want a late year Model T. My first car was a blue 67 GTX with a 383 4-pack. Man would it scat.