Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict View Post
    You may be able to do research and find out if humans are 'used to' looking at 24 fps and experience it as 'better' as a result, but I doubt that the human retina will respond in such an advanced manner to what it has seen before. It still prefers to see as true to life video as possible, which is why 1080p50 and 1080p60 are so popular and appreciated now.

As far as I know, the only reason 24 frames/sec was once established long ago was that it was the fastest they could reliably pull film through the projector gate. Before that, the limit was 18 fps, which looked like too much flicker to most human viewers.

If you ever need to publish for PAL video, you need to somehow convert 24 fps to 25 fps, which is a pain in the rear! I still don't believe that 24 fps somehow looks magically brilliant as opposed to 25 fps, which is also easier to multiply and use if you ever need Europe to back your product..
    To my knowledge the only film - whether shot digitally or on physical film - that is being shot at higher than 24 fps in the United States is The Hobbit, which is being shot at 48 fps with the RED Epic. As for non-cinematic productions, you may very well be correct. I don't know.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by CColton View Post
    To my knowledge the only film - whether shot digitally or on physical film - that is being shot at higher than 24 fps in the United States is The Hobbit, which is being shot at 48 fps with the RED Epic. As for non-cinematic productions, you may very well be correct. I don't know.
    I have gone through this debate / point of view / argument / taste before.

I'll summarize again very briefly, you can search my posts for the long versions on it.

24fps causes a hypnotic trance like 'movie magic' if you will from the LACK of normal sync - that makes a movie look larger than life and covers the 'suspension of disbelief'

This can EASILY be seen when you watch a film at 24p - and then watch behind then scenes (sometimes shot on the same camera, but at 60p) and it suddenly all looks FAKE, because it all looks 'too real'.

This is hard for some people to get, but the increase in frame rate make the 'movie' look like a play, and the increase in frame rate gives the magic away and cheapens the whole look. This is of course for narrative film making. For documentaries or in your face real happening right now shock things - 60p might be good. 48p is odd.... is it REALLY 48p? meaning 96p total if in 3D- because it is being shot in 3D so the data is double, or is it 2D 48p? or is it 24p 3d (48p data rate not frame rate)

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDave View Post
    I definitely enjoyed the patch, but I'm keeping my GH13. Thanks for all the fish. Hey, I thought you preferred the GH13? Don't tell me you have changed your mind.
    got 3 gh13s and 3 gh2h s all with custom hack... the gh13 are for 60p, the gh2h is better for 24p shooting. When properly hacked, amazing, better than AF-100 which I now consider a rip off joke.

4. Collapse Details
    can i use this patch for GF1?
    thanks

5. Collapse Details

6. Collapse Details
    would this work on gf2?
    www.GraniteStateStudios.com
    GH4/GH3/GH2/GH1/G6

7. Collapse Details
    Very cool thanks!

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435