I hope you all enjoy FARTLY. It is a dark comedy about a man struggling to battle his addiction and his abusive mother. In short, it is a fun family film. If you watch, please hang on through the credits...the story continues.
Please feel free to leave any feedback. Thanks
Results 1 to 10 of 10
03-25-2011 10:41 AMI was the fastest kid in the second grade...no kidding!!
03-25-2011 10:49 AM
Thanks Hawk. By the by...I really liked your movie in this entry. Are you doing the next contest?I was the fastest kid in the second grade...no kidding!!
03-25-2011 11:12 AM
HA! I totally know where you are coming from. Can't wait to see your next go round.I was the fastest kid in the second grade...no kidding!!
03-26-2011 07:40 PM
Thanks! I actually wanted to include that line of dialogue - "winning" but somehow it got left out. I am glad that you liked it. Thank you for watchingI was the fastest kid in the second grade...no kidding!!
03-27-2011 11:25 AM
I really liked the film to bad it was not in the fest but either way this says winner.
03-28-2011 03:47 PM
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
- Miami, FL
I liked your film, and had a few pieces of criticism to work on (this is what I assume you're looking for)
- Liked your characters, very interesting
- Liked your cinematography, for the most part it didn't bother me
- Didn't like the acting / directing. This might be due to the script, but a lot of times I felt the dialogue was a little fake and overacted. I feel like I got more lines being read and less reacting and conversing.
- I didn't like how you crossed the 180 line in the scene with the therapist a few times - at least it appeared so. I'm not sure if the bacon addict was simply looking away from the therapist, but I thought it was that you broke the line. You'll notice in that scene that both characters are looking right to left, especially at the end (this is where I caught it)
- The sound was a weakness of the film - I realize this may be your microphone, but I felt it was a little hollow sounding. Simple adjustments in Media Composer (not sure on your editing platform, but I bet it can do it) in the audio EQ can fix this up, or a little better microphone
- Don't use gaff tape on the sign! At least not on the front. If you need the gaff tape to hang it, cover it with something normal people would have, like duct tape.
- I liked how you used a lot of close ups to tell the story, and the sound design (especially with the tape and knocking) came out really excellent. Kudos on that.
- Car accident was pretty convincing, but it's a tough effect to pull off, and there was a certain amount of fakeness to it. In your situation, I might have done a split screen shot and cut to black just before impact. But that may have been the effect you were going for.
Overall you did a very good job on the film, congratulations! Hope you can get it into a couple of fests.
03-28-2011 04:03 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to watch and provide a critique.
Last edited by Jeffrey Hamlin; 03-29-2011 at 10:51 PM.I was the fastest kid in the second grade...no kidding!!