1. Collapse Details
    B4 and Micro Four Thirds Mount Specifications
    I'm looking for the mechanical specifications for these two mounts. I'd like to take a look and see if its within my skills to make a converter. Can anybody point me to the mechanical drawings for these two mounts?

I've had no luck searching for them.

2. Collapse Details
    what exactly you want to do?

maybe you can find something useful here http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~wes...habetical.html

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks for that. That is a good lead that has some links to what might be a good contact.

I'm looking for detailed drawings for the mounts, showing dimensions and tolerances. I can always measure the mounts themselves and try to figure it out that way. But it is best to know what the specs are to get the tolerances correct. I have the equipment to make them and just want to play. It's cheaper just to buy one (which I have), but I still want to make my own, just to learn. I'd also like to make a PL to M 4/3 adapter.

4. Collapse Details
    Or you could by one from us. The mechanical mounts are the easy part. It's the advanced optics that make all the difference.

http://www.abelcine.com/store/HDx2-M...tical-Adapter/
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic Media Entertainment Corporation

5. Collapse Details
    Mitch,

For those of us that already own an adapter and specifically said they want to play and learn how to make an adapter, how does your post help? I didn't see an attachment with the drawings you used to make yours. Anything you can share is appreciated.

6. Collapse Details
    A lot of people read these forums for a lot of reasons. I was simply posting an option.

I know that some people have done this by going from M4/3 to some neutral mount such as Nikon and then from that mount to B4, or some other such path. Then they try to deal with the different in the 2/3" coverage to the 4/3" coverage by flipping in the doubler on a given B4 lens. These doublers are designed to give a sharp image in the center 2/3" area of frame. They may or may not project out to the 4/3" image area and are very likely to be of poor image quality if they do project. B4 lenses are made for 3-chip cameras, which focus the three primary colors at slightly different depths. It takes advanced optics to correct for this.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, just want to let you know the realities of the task at hand. We designed an expensive to make bit of optics for this very purpose.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic Media Entertainment Corporation