Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    That link duke is for an older version of the quicktime codec, you needed that additional viewer codec to read prores. But as of QT 7.6.3 I believe, a codec that can read all versions of prores is bundled and built into quicktime for windows, so as long as you keep your quicklime up to date, you're good to go. I can drag and drop prores into any cs3/cs4/cs5 timeline and edit in in realtime without a problem, including prores 444
    (9:38:44 PM) ngubbet: ROYGBIV 4:4:4:4:4:4:4

2. Collapse Details
    Convergent Design - Gemini 4:4:4 Announcement
    Dear Friends,

Here is our official Press Kit for our new full uncompressed 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 recorder. This affordable recorder offers the ultimate in image quality.

This is a revolutionary product in that this very small, light-weight, professional quality recorder costs only $5,995 (Street, US). MSRP is $6,295 (US).

While this is a full uncompressed recorder, it may be also be used very effectively for compressed work flows.

In fact, one can obtain a “First Encode” to any codec of your choice, by using the full uncompressed footage from the Gemini 4:4:4, by using Apple Compressor, Adobe Media Encoder, or other software. This allows one to fulfill the needs of a client, while shooting with a different camera.

The critical question that we have not addressed in the Press Kit is when we will be starting deliveries.

Our goal is to ship initial units by the end of July, 2011. Please note that this is not a promise, but this is our target. We feel that we are in a good position, in spite of the recent tragedy in Japan.

We will be demonstrating full uncompressed recording, playback, monitoring, and other advanced features at NAB 2011, in Both C11126, near the Sony Booth.

We are finalizing an introductory video. I will forward a link as soon as we have it uploaded to an appropriate video server.

We are also in the final stages of performing a technical check on our FAQ document.

Respectfully,

Dan M. Keaton
    Director of Sales and Marketing
    Convergent Design
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. Collapse Details
    Looks hot! so it will only do full uncompressed? Which would be 21 minutes per 256gb ssd drive ($500)? (at 24p)
    (9:38:44 PM) ngubbet: ROYGBIV 4:4:4:4:4:4:4

4. Collapse Details
    ALL RIGHT DAN! WAY TO GO! Even with the price of SSD cards this is a game changer.

@fohdeesha, the record times are in the PDF. At 1080p 24fps a 256g is 22 minutes.
    Last edited by Duke M.; 03-20-2011 at 04:46 PM.
    FOR SALE: Red 18-50 zoom htp://tinyurl.com/pnnwlwm ; Zeiss PL Primes http://tinyurl.com/krzr895

5. Collapse Details
    exciting times.....looking forward to testing this.

6. Collapse Details
    Way to go ... this looks very good indeed.
    Sony EX3, Panasonic DVX 100, SG Blade, MacBookPro intel. iMac 27" 2013
    http://www.deanharringtonvisual.com

7. Collapse Details
    This is really, really great, although I really wish it had ProRes 444. The recording times on uncompressed are better than I had guessed, though.

Whether uncompressed is feasible or not for me I think will hinge on transfer rates back to my edit rig from SSD. It's no good if it takes 3 hours to transfer an hour of uncompressed. I have the RAID5 to deal with uncompressed, it's just a whole lot of lovin for a lot of jobs that beg for something better than XDCAM, but don't need full blown uncompressed.

8. Collapse Details
    Another note, now that I just saw this. Alexa FX people will EAT THIS UP when DPX comes on board.

9. Collapse Details
    That's pretty sweet, it supports 3G as well so it can record Epic's 1080p 4:4:4 signal as well. Quite a well rounded device!

10. Collapse Details
    I see 23.98 included, but no mention of PsF. Are progressive segmented frames supported? (Was this implied?)
    Sony F35 with SR-R1 SRMemory Recorder
    Sony PMW-F3 /w S-Log 4:4:4 Upgrade
    Arri Ultra Prime Set

www.binarydreams.com

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast