Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Well the BTS was only a prelude to what you guys got up to. Clearly you guys had fun with it - comes across in the short. I think theres a lot you could do with these characters in the future.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

2. Collapse Details
    A film that didn't think too much of itself. I enjoyed this fun piece. Of course I was expecting him to vomit on the girl. I do recommend that actor get a shot after touching that bathroom floor.
    Chris Keaton - Writer | Website | Email | imdb |

3. Collapse Details
    I have to say that the back-and-forth between the two main characters is wonderful. It didn't feel forced, or fake. I felt like I was actually listening in on a conversation they were having. I LOVED that the guy listening to the story wasn't just standing outside eagerly, and hanging on every word coming from the bathroom. He was doing his own thing. Hot gluing, building a fort, etc. That's EXACTLY what I would have done (if my roommate was telling me a story), and that's what made it feel especially real to me.

4. Collapse Details
    I wish I could do comedy, but I have no talent for it. You guys are awesome at it.

Who came up with the idea to have the roommate in the hallway constantly doing different activities? That was hilarious and brilliant.

I also love the way you tell the story of the date through flashback - it worked really way. I'm not quite sure why he did vomit - I assume it had something to do with the dressing. I'm also not quite sure how that ruined the date (since he went to the bathroom - how would she know what happened)? But, maybe, I'm over-thinking it all.

This was a lot of fun. Your actors were wonderful - so natural. Well done.

One last thing, I really dug the end credits and that final song. It was a perfect way to end.

5. Collapse Details
    It was a lot of fun watching this. The dialogue was nice and natural and the characters worked great with each other.

6. Collapse Details
    Nice loose mumblecore style, i liked it a lot. i didn't like the rolling shutter "look" of handholding the DSLR, might want to try a monopod or a shoulder rig next time.
    but that aside, this had a wonderfully relaxed energy and i ate it up. i liked the way the actors looked into the camera at the end, but i wanted more from the end. I was hoping for a money shot vomit scene, actually i thought the girl was going to vomit on HIM. But whatever, you guys did a great job, i really dug this entry.
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

7. Collapse Details
    Funny little film...great job guys (and gal)! I don't know about that bathroom floor...ugh... made me want to vomit.
    Congrats to all involved.

8. Collapse Details
    My criticisms: I didn't understand the vomit thing. Really, it's one of my only big complaints about your film. How would she have known he went off to vomit? For all she new, he just went for a quick pee. Had he vomited at the table, it would have been clearer. I wasn't also exactly sure why he was a "vomiter" at all... was it because of the food sharing thing? Lastly, I wasn't clear on what was happening with the last two shots at the end and what they meant... what exactly was going on.

My compliments: I hope you take this as a positive thing, but the whole film was very "Flight of the Conchords" (but without the music). It was funny, well paced and possessed that amusing wit that makes me want to see more... another episode! The actors (you guys) were really natural. The trophy line was hilarious. It was well-shot and I felt like I really was a fly on the wall watching this story play out... you as the filmmakers were invisible.

Additionally... I scored you an extra point for the BEST Best-the-Scenes film! You both looked like you had a great job doing this project!

9. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Shawn Philip Nelson's Avatar
    Fun film! I really enjoyed it. Very nice natural acting all around, and cute chick too.

I also dont understand why she'd dump him just because he excused himself and puked. She'd have had no way of knowing.

Also dug the idea of the friend doing his own activities!
    Formerly user 'shawneous'.

"Every great idea is on the verge of being stupid."
    -Michel Gondry

10. Collapse Details
    So funny how they're talking through the bathroom door. Ha! I knew when I saw the BTS this was going to be good.
    And it looked great to boot!
    I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for brining a funny comedy to a fest that has only a few.

...Oh yeah, Spoilers up above..^

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast