Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Thanks for taking the time to clarify, that helps, i understand your thought process now. Great short dude.
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

2. Collapse Details
    I poked at his gut, he poked at my ego. I think that was quid pro quo as it were. You were the one who cast a guy who was less than skinny and he has problems with food? That in itself is not really plausible. Loafdaddy, meant no offense.

When you have to "explain" the story (as I have done in the past during a script fest) then know you did not write a story that worked. It's really that simple. Most audiences aren't going to think much about "dressing" dipping. Maybe vinegar or some weird food group, but not dressing. It wasn't gross enough for the audience to really "believe" that was an issue.

It's all in the writing. It wasn't good writing.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
    Portfolio of an Entertainment Blogger

3. Collapse Details
    would hate to see this thread shut down because the participants can't keep from insulting each other. stop this garbage now. if you can't comment in a constructive, professional and civil manner... don't comment. this is not to say I'm asking for people to sugarcoat their feedback. not at all. this is saying, do not pepper your words with insults.

now, where were we...
    DOWN AND DANGEROUS is now on iTunes :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
    THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: #DADmovie

4. Collapse Details
    Charli, give us 1 star and move on. We've got a contest to lose.

Here's a picture of me right before WORLD DOMINATION!

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Charli View Post
    I poked at his gut, he poked at my ego. I think that was quid pro quo as it were. You were the one who cast a guy who was less than skinny and he has problems with food? That in itself is not really plausible. Loafdaddy, meant no offense. .
    Your theory that a guy who is "less than skinny" can simply NOT have a problem with food is what is actually implausible. He has an issue with dressing and it made him sick. If that's really what you're going to harp on then, well, go ahead. That is NOT a plot hole, that is your own bias being brought to where it doesn't belong.

Quote Originally Posted by Charli View Post
    When you have to "explain" the story (as I have done in the past during a script fest) then know you did not write a story that worked. It's really that simple. Most audiences aren't going to think much about "dressing" dipping. Maybe vinegar or some weird food group, but not dressing. It wasn't gross enough for the audience to really "believe" that was an issue.

It's all in the writing. It wasn't good writing.
    THe only thing i explained was that he threw up because of the dressing, and subsequently that i felt we did a more than adequate job of showing (in the writing) that that is why he vomitied.
    Anything else i pointed out was merely mistakes people were making by assuming the girl had "broken up" or otherwise left him Those things, as you will notice if you watch again, are not there.
    He threw up because he didnt like dressing. Again, if you really needed him to see something more "gross" to "believe" he would throw up, i think you're again bringing in too much of what you would want in a particular film rather than what the film really is. To me you're essentially looking at Mt. Rushmore and saying, "Well that's fine, but where is Santa Claus?"

Okay, i'm done. I've already repsonded more than i really cared to.

6. Collapse Details
    One more thing as I felt I've only truly responded to the small amount of slightly negative feedback, which is unfair and kind of silly:

I cannot tell you how glad I am that most of the viewers that took the time to post had mostly postive things to say. The feeling i got from the comments is that it was an enjoyable, goofy comedy, which is all we wanted it to be. We had fun and hoped the audience had fun watching it.

Thank you and thank you again for taking the time to watch it and let us know we made you laugh (since we can't hear you ourselves).

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by hansel960 View Post
    Charli, give us 1 star and move on. We've got a contest to lose.

Here's a picture of me right before WORLD DOMINATION!

That's what I'm talking about.

8. Collapse Details
    The acting was the best part of this for me. It felt like they were really talking to each other, rather than reading lines. I got drawn in by their discussion. That said, it just didn't make me laugh.

9. Collapse Details
    @han - I actually gave you more than 1 star. Like I said, breaking the 4th wall and the guy in the hallway was funny.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
    Portfolio of an Entertainment Blogger

10. Collapse Details
    I don't think this was intended for outright belly laughs, it was more of a "performance piece" in a quirky indy "dating gone bad" comedy. I rated it high, for it's relaxed cadence.
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast