Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Ok well I can comment on this one now - after the second watch I started to piece it together - him getting more and more depleted and then the Uncles back - so the Uncle used him to suck away his life. It did however take that second watch and getting confirmation that I was close to the mark - I do worry that many could be confused by this.

On the webcam - I know generally web cams kind of sit at the top of a computer - I think though this could have been suspended somewhat to get a more visually appealling shot as far as angle goes by lowering the camera somewhat. I think a bit more mood from the light would have helped a little as well. Because its a webcam I thought it was actually all a bit too clean. The particular effect was good as was the makeup. The hook in his face was great.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

2. Collapse Details
    I enjoyed this a lot. It was a simple concept where breaking the fourth wall really engaged me as the viewer. Plus the acting was strong and totally believable. I originally thought that the device was like a hard drug where the user keeps chasing the first hit as they get addicted. However the end twist really pulled it all together.

btw the teleporting visual effect worked nicely as I was really anticipating his descent into chaos... Very cool!
    Vimeo
    Crew for Fiction Fest "Undercover"

3. Collapse Details
    Having read this script quite some time ago (scriptfest -betrayal), I was looking forward to seeing how you handled it... very good take on the script!
    Your actor did a great job so I guess that makes for great direction too! If I had to nitpick, the color was very 'red' on both the computer monitor and my plazma,
    but nothing a little CC tweak couldn't fix. Great job on the VFX and make-up.

Well done...well played...a very enjoyable film.

4. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    This one stalled on me half way, I'm going to come back to it later tonight.
    One quick note: I would have tried to make it look a little more webcam'ish if you get my drift. Looks too clean.
    Not a huge deal though.

I'll be back!

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

5. Collapse Details
    I thought the actor was great - I liked him and was genuinely interested in what would happen after each visit to the other side. The ending did confuse me a bit though. I've now read the entries above and understand what you were going for with the ending, but I didn't get it my first viewing.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Anthony Horrigan View Post
    This one stalled on me half way, I'm going to come back to it later tonight.
    One quick note: I would have tried to make it look a little more webcam'ish if you get my drift. Looks too clean.
    Not a huge deal though.

I'll be back!

Yeah, I got this with a few of the films. A couple I had to download several times before the whole thing would download.
    Chris Keaton - Writer | Website | Email | imdb |

7. Collapse Details
    Alright, I remember this script.

I enjoyed this. The actor was quite good. Very believable.
    I wish he was a little more blown away in the beginning. I wanted more of a 'wow' moment there. And even though you are shooting from one perspective doesn't mean he couldn't get up and move around more. Pacing about, maybe grabbing something from the closet to bring with him, etc... use the room.

Loved the visual effects for the most part, that was cool. My memory is vague but I can't remember why the uncle did this or what he gained from it.
    That wasn't clear. Web cam this up a bit visually. Loved when the sound changed as well. Very nice.

Good stuff, guys. Very entertaining.

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

8. Collapse Details
    I appreciate all of the criticism / compliments. Really. I'm sure Chris does, too. It's how we learn!

The guy playing the main role has never acted in anything before. He was actually kinda shocked when we told him what his role would be. But I know how funny and off the wall this guy can be at the drop of a hat, so we weren't concerned at all.

I honestly went back and forth and back and forth and back again on "should I dumb the footage down for the webcam look?" I checked on youtube to see what was normal, and a lot of people have HD cameras for their vlogging now, so I didn't change it. Looking back now, though, I don't think a a small "lens blur" wouldn't have harmed anything.

Noel, I definitely agree on the angle as well.

Again, thank you all for the feedback. I really do appreciate all of it!
    Last edited by Hawk Teflon; 03-15-2011 at 10:51 AM. Reason: I meant "wouldn't have" not "would have" ... big difference.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Teflon View Post

I honestly went back and forth and back and forth and back again on "should I dumb the footage down for the webcam look?" I checked on youtube to see what was normal, and a lot of people have HD cameras for their vlogging now, so I didn't change it. Looking back now, though, I don't think a a small "lens blur" would have harmed anything.
    Yeah, I can see that. Maybe just harsher edits as he turned it off to get changed and such?
    Regardless, I wasn't bored watching this and that says a lot for a one shot entry. Quite a lot actually.

Makes me want to try something like that.

Kudos.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Anthony Horrigan View Post
    Yeah, I can see that. Maybe just harsher edits as he turned it off to get changed and such?
    Regardless, I wasn't bored watching this and that says a lot for a one shot entry. Quite a lot actually.

Makes me want to try something like that.

Kudos.
    Thanks everyone for your feedback. The story originally was a mutliple location and then I moved it into a one room piece and then I though why not make it a webcam thing. I figured it couldn't get much easier shooting wise, which leaves time for all those special effects. I do think adding the uncle angle might not have been as succesful as I thought it would be.
    Chris Keaton - Writer | Website | Email | imdb |

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast