Thread: Branch Hands.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    I thought I was having more technical issues but I guess it just ended abruptly. I know you really squeezed this one in so I understand.

I did like many of your shot choices. You definitely have a unique style so that's a good thing.
    Maybe just give us a little more next time.

I hope you jump in early next fest and show us more.

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

2. Collapse Details
    Almost missed this thread with the name change, glad I found it. I’ll be straight up – I didn’t get it. I liked the portrayal of the relationship from the single perspective on the couch. From that view, I thought the shot in the car was unnecessary and took me out of what was being built. And the biking – even after the end I don’t know where he’s going. I think it’s him after he broke up with her, but I’m not sure. And while I liked the perspective on the relationship, there didn’t seem to be any kind of arc to it, so I wasn’t sympathetic to the lead when it ended. You had some really good ideas in there, but I think you said it yourself - this just didn't get fully finished. But props for doing something and getting it in. That's a huge victory in itself.

You're in Vancouver? If you ever need an extra hand, feel free to hit me up. Even if all you need is a self-powered sandbag, I'd be happy to help out. Look forward to seeing more from you.

3. Collapse Details
    Unique approach. The fact that I have questions is what I like. I have enough to fill it in, but the things I don't know are what makes this good. I felt so disappointed when it ended and it looks like she did too, but not knowing for sure is the best. I loved the music, quick cuts and the exterior shot opened it up nice. Beautiful piece of work.
    SCRIPTFEST VII TOP 3 | THE MELT | WEBSITE | IMDB | EMAIL
    Wordsmith & Graphic Designer. Will work for credit, coffee and money.

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks for all the feedback everyone! Adam had been saying he wanted to submit something for years and I think we got over the hurdle of getting the first submission in, so we have a jumping off point to improve upon. We will definitely get a bit more of a head start for next years fest, but it was a great experience conceiving of, shooting and editing a film in under 24 hours!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234