Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    The F3 is already obsolete
    So in the upper echelon, u get the 4k pro cine cam (think over 125,000), then the F35 1080 HD with global shutter CCD, and on the indie level, the 4:4:4 capable 1080 HD ( say around 25k with their sr recorder (??) ). Hopefully in less than 6 years (esp when Red finally ship its first Scarlet to the masses :p) we will see the 4k version of thd F3 along with a 4k sony consumer tv.

Their 4k promo footage (i think uploaded on youtube in SD lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPPhyFJrH10

Sony roadmap for their Pro Camera Division.

2. Collapse Details
    Disclaimer: i have absolutely no pro hard facts to backup my rant above (its monday morning and i really do not want to go to work after last nite's Oscar viewing party). But if you are listening (please stare tht my pendulum) and owns the F3, yea its already obsolete and u should def just hand over your F3 to me. Hey hey where are u going with yr F3 ???? :|

3. Collapse Details
    ...cold dead fingers...

Love this camera. Shot narrative work yesterday, and it was painless.
    Sony F35 with SR-R1 SRMemory Recorder
    Sony PMW-F3 /w S-Log 4:4:4 Upgrade
    Arri Ultra Prime Set

www.binarydreams.com

4. Collapse Details
    I need to drive up north n check out your F3

5. Collapse Details
    Here is a 1080p version
    http://www.vimeo.com/20468439

Anyone think they might announced a 4K/120fps camera at NAB?
    stylecreative.net - Designer/Video/Music bloke

6. Collapse Details
    Director of Photography TimurCivan's Avatar
    the f35 has to have those pixel counts to provide true 444 1080p. people dont give credit to how damn powerful 444 1080p is, in SR its around 440mbps.

The vertical stripe sensor array in the F35 and F9000, which provides high resolution in color, as well as luma, needs the massive pixel count the down res properly to 1080p 444. Sort of like how 4k from a red is really 3.5 k of discernible resolution in a 4k wrapper.

The F35 desite its pixel count is a 1080p camera. This is why looking at stats and numbers means really very little, and whats on the monitor is what counts.

F3 obsolete? no. Its going to be the back bone of my business for at least 2-3 years, as will my Red. Some jobs just dont need a red. Some RED fanboys will say its best for everyhting, but its not. Its like hitting a fly with a sledgehammer most of the time. The F3 is the rolled up newpaper. The DSLR is your hand. Yes it gets the job done but its icky after wards.

The title of this thread is practically flame bait. good thing it has some content behind it.
    Director of Photography
    www.timurcivan.com www.tstopcinema.com 917-589-4424
    Visit my blog: T.stops : <- click here
    "He who thinks interms of catching mice, will never catch Lions."

7. Collapse Details
    Cinematography/Lighting Mod Ryan Patrick O'Hara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TimurCivan View Post
    F3 obsolete? no. Its going to be the back bone of my business for at least 2-3 years, as will my Red. Some jobs just dont need a red. Some RED fanboys will say its best for everyhting, but its not. Its like hitting a fly with a sledgehammer most of the time. The F3 is the rolled up newpaper. The DSLR is your hand. Yes it gets the job done but its icky after wards.
    hahahahahaha, like.

If cinematography wasn't infinite, I'm sure I would have found the end by now.

8. Collapse Details
    The title of this thread is practically flame bait. good thing it has some content behind it.
    hahah ! otherwise ppl wont read the thread ! :P and u know me myself is saving up for the F3 ! exactly for the 4:4:4 and also gonna snatch the Ki Pro for those time where 4:2:2 10 bit and fast turnover time with pro res is needed.

9. Collapse Details
    LOL awesome.

However, I don’t see that as a reason not to use the sledgehammer. You never know if the stupid little short you’re shooting might be the next Blair Witch / Paranormal Activity / whatever (as much as I hate that every indie guy thinks his is the one, it does happen sometimes) or even just make it into a “real” festival. And they go to project it and say “Oh….you shot it on a DVX…well…I guess we could put it on Youtube?” and you’re out your $5 million.

10. Collapse Details
    Also, I'm way more excited for the model BELOW the F3 than the next one above.

I don't know why it hasn't occurred to anyone yet to stop trying to be a half-assed stills camera (I'm looking at you, GH2) and just use a native 1080p sensor, but I believe that's what the 'NXCAM' is supposed to be and I'm very excited about it.

Of course we all know Sony will charge double what they should for it, just like everything from the F3 to their TVs.

C'mon, Pana.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast