Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Zaza, you've come so far. I like this as much as anything you've ever done. The only thing I didn't like about it was the music at the end was too melodramatic for my taste. Because of the music I was expecting to see the woman raise back up, as if she were just resting. Too bad you couldn't get it in the competition, I think you'd have done very well. Two thumbs up.
    Last edited by Blaine; 03-12-2011 at 04:00 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Chris- Your review means the world to me... I'm so glad you liked it. It really didn't turn out as planned, as Charli said, the actress (Kate Hans) couldn't stand or sit for longer then 5 minutes at a time on the hard kitchen chairs (I didn't know this ahead of time). I had a ton of cinematic motion in my shot list...something I really want to work on in future films...so, I had to 'wing' it as I only had the location for 4.5 hours. I also lost the natural light, the weather was terrible that day and the kitchen was too tight for proper lighting, but you do what you can. Charli did an excellent job writing this one and I just hope I did it justice.

Blaine- Thanks! I ALWAYS look forward to your reviews and your insight has helped me more then you know. I tried to cut it down to the 6 minute mark, but it just wasn't the same and would have butchered Charli's script. Again, thanks for taking the time to watch and comment. Maybe one day I can get you to produce a film for me! ;-)

3. Collapse Details
    Two thumbs up from Mr. Blaine, now that's saying somethin'!
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
    Portfolio of an Entertainment Blogger

4. Collapse Details
    The actors' performances were very strong. Nothing like seeing an old couple tearing into each other to make you feel all warm and fuzzy about marriage...ugh.

The house setting and opening score is good. Maybe it could have been edited further to allow it to make the 6 minutes running time requirement? Or would that have deviated too far from the screenplay?
    Vimeo
    Crew for Fiction Fest "Undercover"

5. Collapse Details
    The script was 6 pages. Just a lot of dialogue. Blame the writer (me).
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
    Portfolio of an Entertainment Blogger

6. Collapse Details
    heavy stuff joe, very poignant. the end was pretty powerful, and touching. nice lighting, good acting, tons of dialogue... i think this is your best yet!
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

7. Collapse Details
    My criticisms: Just in some spots, the acting was a little off, but I think it's more a criticism of the dialog rather than the performances. There were some potentially really special moments, but some awkward wording in the dialog got in the way. I also felt like it didn't need to be so long... you could have told this story, and told it well in under 6 minutes. I think it could have been more poignant with some good script editing.

My compliments: For most of it, the acting was strong and believable. It was a very interesting story, and the way you shot it was very intimate. It looked really good and the I thought the music fit really well. Had you come in under six minutes, you could have placed very high in the rankings.

8. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Shawn Philip Nelson's Avatar
    Wow Zaza!!! A big step up man. Incredible performances and really nice cinematic imagery.

I strongly feel you could have done a 6 minute version of this.

Also, I think you might have been able to do more with less. That is, to not be so on the nose and let them talk around the issues instead of them talking about the issues and to do less talking in general.

Cinematically, I love the lighting on him, wish she had been equally dynamic.

Great performances!
    Formerly user 'shawneous'.

"Every great idea is on the verge of being stupid."
    -Michel Gondry

9. Collapse Details
    Man... You are getting good!
    Shawn Philip Nelson pretty much nailed it with the comments.

The lighting was a big come up from the previous one! wow!
    His lighting was so on point I wish hers would have made it as well.
    Awesome, awesome job....
    congrats!
    Luis R Cosme

10. Collapse Details
    It took about 7 attempts to download, then I had to watch on the flow player, but hey-
    Great job on the lighting, Zaza. Some nice cinematography all around. The opening shot was wicked smooth.. Zaza slider perhaps?
    I think the combination of acting and script, and slightly stale editing during the "big middle part" kept me at a distance from the story, but I liked the beginning and end.
    Cheers.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast