Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Teflon View Post
    Did you have a translator there? Was it hard finding actors? I can't even find people to help in Oklahoma City, I can't imagine flying to Uganda and trying to get help.
    Morgan (the main actor) was a pretty impressive producer and all around renaissance man. Acting as translator and body guard. Many Ugandans speak English but he translated my direction for the most part.

He was able to figure out how to get the locations that we wanted and somehow managed to get all the actors in place at the right times. He was so nonchalant I was worried things wouldn't be ready, but he made it all happen!

It was actually quite freeing being "an outsider," it was like we were free of having the responsibility to know where we were or how to get a hold of people. I would just say, "Hey Morgan, can we get two boda's (motorcycles) over here?" and he'd make it happen.

And everyone involved was just thrilled to be a part of it. We all fed off that energy. Truly a great experience.

AJ Brooks - Writer / Director

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Brooks View Post
    And everyone involved was just thrilled to be a part of it. We all fed off that energy. Truly a great experience.
    Good times

3. Collapse Details
    Updated with poster and cast/crew.

Composer Randin Graves is finalizing the score, sound designer Alex Donkle is working away at the mammoth amount of work I've thrown at him last minute.

Color corrected. Just waiting on sound.

4. Collapse Details
    Inspirational poster. I like it. Love the BTS video.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Brooks View Post
    Morgan (the main actor) was a pretty impressive producer and all around renaissance man. Acting as translator and body guard. Many Ugandans speak English but he translated my direction for the most part.

He was able to figure out how to get the locations that we wanted and somehow managed to get all the actors in place at the right times. He was so nonchalant I was worried things wouldn't be ready, but he made it all happen!

It was actually quite freeing being "an outsider," it was like we were free of having the responsibility to know where we were or how to get a hold of people. I would just say, "Hey Morgan, can we get two boda's (motorcycles) over here?" and he'd make it happen.

Yeah, serious props to Morgan for helping make this happen. Like AJ said, whatever we wanted, he was able to get for us and make it happen. Most everyone was wonderful and very excited to help us out any chance they could. We definitely fed off that energy and we were able to stick to our schedule pretty closely... sometimes even finishing scenes early. It was a great experience shooting over there and it really spoiled us... it makes me want to shoot everything in Uganda from now on. ;)

6. Collapse Details
    Great for you to chime in Ken!

Sente Sente uploaded. This might be the first time I've submitted an entry hours before the deadline.

7. Collapse Details
    Landscape on the poster, very nice. Can't wait to see this one AJ!

8. Collapse Details
    Was wondering where this would go. Very touching.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

9. Collapse Details
    Aj, great video. I had no idea what to expect when I started watching this piece. Decided to watch the BTS after the video. Nicely done. Great job taking advantage of your journey overseas.

10. Collapse Details
    This was a visually beautiful piece. Nicely done.
    "Don't be afraid to go out on a limb - that's where all the fruit is."

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast