1. Collapse Details
    Used Sony HVR-V1U for $1995 - Should I buy?
    Is it worth it for me to buy a used Sony HVR-V1U now? I know the camera is about 4 years old, but this would be my first professional camera. I don't want to spend $4000 on a brand new one right now only to discover that I don't want to do film projects. I would also be investing in a HVR-DR60 for recording and editing on Final Cut Pro.

Any suggestions? Thanks

2. Collapse Details
    No.

I shot the v1u for 2 years for a ton of little talking head charity videos. It's a great little camera that puts out a nice picture and has xlr audio, BUT it isn't anywhere near a Panny HMC-150.
    2 grand for an old camera that still uses HDV tape format is a lot. Hell, I'll sell you mine and it's full kit for that. Start looking for a used HMC-150 and I'll bet you'll find one for the same price. People are selling up to the new 100 and they'll be a ton of great used cameras out there soon.

Good luck

3. Collapse Details
    Looking to buy a V1U
    dwelter - if you are really interested in selling your V1U, let me know. I'm partial to Sony cameras, and I still like the MiniDV format. I'm at dhardydesign(at)gmail