Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by grunberd View Post
    "Looking for a setting to match the 160A or vice versa."

me too!
    There are many scene files that will pretty much exactly match the AC160A and AF100, available for the USA models of the camcorders, available for download on the Panasonic USA website.

2. Collapse Details
    Let's say I'm shooting an indoor interview inside a hotel room during the day ( 12:00 pm). What scene files would you guys recommend and also what ISO, shutter speed and aperture?

3. Collapse Details
    So are the defaults listed here anywhere, or somewhere else? I'd like to know the F5 cine v settings without having to reset all of them.
    Producer, director, and DP. Shooting on a Canon C100 Mark II.

Get in touch!
    // Vimeo

4. Collapse Details
    You can just initialise the F5 scene file, I'm pretty sure it's everything at zero, cine v and norm 1. I reset my camera the other day, back to basics testing but still prefer custom scene files.

5. Collapse Details
    Trying to get best flat AF100 shooting scene file(s) for color correction
    Hi Barry and everyone.

I'm trying to get the best flat AF100 shooting scene file(s) settings for color correction. I color correct all my projects and would love someone's expertise and experience with the AF100. I have used Scene File 6 with minor changes but have found that I lose a lot of detail in the highlights. I'm hoping some of you out there found some good settings to keep as much image detail as possible leading after color correction to the best image the camera can capture. Still editing with FCP 7 :-).

Thx in advance,
    Dorit

Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    Minimal noise:
    Detail -5
    V-detail -5
    Coring +2
    NORM2 Matrix
    Cine-V or B.Press gamma

Avoiding chroma clipping:
    Chroma Level -7
    NORM1 or NORM2 matrix
    Cine-D gamma

6. Collapse Details
    Hi there. Did you ever figure out solid, flat scene file settings? Would love to know

7. Collapse Details
    Ugh. I wish I'd done a little more testing than just merrily running off with the settings that many agree are great for "minimal noise". To whit: when you turn the detail way down (like down to -4, -5, -6, or -7), you lose something besides noise: EVF detail. Because the AF100 has such deficient support for focusing (i.e., it has no expanded focus mode...unless you buy the AF100-A), I need all the help I can get. And some of that help comes from having a high enough detail setting that there is some detail for the EVF detail (or the red focus highlights) to attach to. Without this, the focusing highlights "see" extraneous high contrast that is not fine detail, but rather, big-time contrast changes that are almost certainly (1) not part of the subject, and (2) not in focus anyway. In other words, the EVF detail and focus assist likely work best when DETAIL is set to 0, and they work acceptably well down to about -2 or -3. Below that, there are too many false negatives (things that are in focus, but which the viewfinder refuses to report as such) and false negatives (i.e., things not in focus, but which trip the contrast sensor anyway). For this reason, I'll probably never go down below -4, and likely not below -2 in my DETAIL recipes.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelTiemann View Post
    Ugh. I wish I'd done a little more testing than just merrily running off with the settings that many agree are great for "minimal noise". To whit: when you turn the detail way down (like down to -4, -5, -6, or -7), you lose something besides noise: EVF detail. Because the AF100 has such deficient support for focusing (i.e., it has no expanded focus mode...unless you buy the AF100-A), I need all the help I can get. And some of that help comes from having a high enough detail setting that there is some detail for the EVF detail (or the red focus highlights) to attach to. Without this, the focusing highlights "see" extraneous high contrast that is not fine detail, but rather, big-time contrast changes that are almost certainly (1) not part of the subject, and (2) not in focus anyway. In other words, the EVF detail and focus assist likely work best when DETAIL is set to 0, and they work acceptably well down to about -2 or -3. Below that, there are too many false negatives (things that are in focus, but which the viewfinder refuses to report as such) and false negatives (i.e., things not in focus, but which trip the contrast sensor anyway). For this reason, I'll probably never go down below -4, and likely not below -2 in my DETAIL recipes.
    Dude, amen. The low detail in the SF settings made shooting HELL for the first couple of months.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415