View Poll Results: What is your favorite improvement to be implemented?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Higher Bitrates and true 1080p60 or 50p.

    69 56.10%
  • A real fast "PRO" Zoom-lens 4 video.

    61 49.59%
  • setting on the backwheel or funktion-knob.

    32 26.02%
  • Still Audio-Meters in the VFR mode.

    31 25.20%
  • More ISO options.

    27 21.95%
  • Color adjustment 4 the LCD.

    35 28.46%
  • An new designed menu for intuitive use.

    15 12.20%
  • An optinal DSLR-Handgrip like the Red E & S.

    11 8.94%
  • Gamma profile for the different color-channels.

    28 22.76%
  • Advanced Timelapse mode.

    31 25.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60
  1. Collapse Details
    PANASONIC AF100 Improvements / Wishlist - UPDATED with poll.
    #1
    Senior Member mediaplexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Germany / Ulm
    Posts
    100
    Default

    UPDATED with a poll, that summarizes your wishes and my personal favorites.

    What would you -

    THE AF100 OWNERS - like to see or be improved through an official or unofficial firmware 4 the AF100 ?


    Im not asking for dreams..... BUT .....for realistically implementable improvements!


    THX!


    Can somebody of the admins put a "r" between Imp.. and ...ovements please?
    Last edited by mediaplexx; 02-15-2011 at 04:05 PM. Reason: writing error in the word impovements istead of improvements


    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    #2
    Member Skuzzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    68
    Default
    Kill the headphone jack in VFR Mode.


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    #3
    Senior Member jdesignhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    155
    Default
    Setting ISO Speeds

    I wish that setting ISO speed was as quick and easy as using a thumbwheel. It slows me down and (somewhat) limits my choices when you can only have three speeds loaded in the 3-way toggle switch.

    Jeff
    _/__/__/__/__/__/__/__/__/__/

    Jeff DePonte
    http//www.jdesign.tv



    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    33
    Default
    Color adjustment for LCD.


    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    #5
    Senior Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Auckland , New Zealand
    Posts
    4,648
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by jdesignhi View Post
    Setting ISO Speeds

    I wish that setting ISO speed was as quick and easy as using a thumbwheel. It slows me down and (somewhat) limits my choices when you can only have three speeds loaded in the 3-way toggle switch.

    Jeff
    I will never understand this one!

    How does it slow you down?
    www.shooterfilm.co.nz

    Panasonic AF102

    SONY-FS700R

    RR baseplate , F/F, Shoot35 Cinebox, Panasonic 1700HD Monitors. Adaptimax adapters. Ikan VX7e. Samurai

    Prime Lenses: Nikkors . 20/f2.8, 24/f2.8, 28/f2.8, 35/f2.8, 50/f1.4, 50/f2, Micro 55/f3.5, Micro 60/f2.8, 85/f1.8, 105/f2.5, 135/f2.8, Contax -Zeiss 28/f2.8, 35/f2.8, 50/f1.7, 85/f2.8

    VariPrimes: Nikkor 17-35/f2.8, Nikkor 28-70/f2.8,

    GH2. Olympus 14-54 MkII

    Cartoni , Weaver Heads , Miller legs. Zhuter Slider


    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    778
    Default
    a setting(gamma profile?) that clips the red channel towards neutral, at higher ire, like what the gh2 does.


    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    146
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by nitsel View Post
    Color adjustment for LCD.
    +1 for RGB controls on LCD
    Scarlet-X #1485 - Available for rent/hire in the San Francisco Bay Area, and beyond. Have passport. Will travel.
    www.philliphudson.com


    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    146
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    I will never understand this one!

    How does it slow you down?
    Some people sometimes shoot in an environment where the light is low and they can't entirely control/add lighting. When doing quick run and gun style shooting in low light/nighttime scenes, you want to shoot with the lowest (cleanest) ISO and still get a decent exposure. Lenses are only so fast. You may have NO or limited control over the lighting. The only thing left is adjusting the ISO. Using a DSLR in dark, uncontrolled, run and gun situations was great because you could quickly adjust the ISO, but only raise it as much as you absolutely had too. And you could do it quickly, shot to shot. Imagine run and gun in live environments, outdoors at night, or in dark clubs etc.
    Scarlet-X #1485 - Available for rent/hire in the San Francisco Bay Area, and beyond. Have passport. Will travel.
    www.philliphudson.com


    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
    #9
    Default
    Make VF grid overlay an map- able item for a user button.

    Kill he head phone jack in VFR mode

    Iso settings for 50 & 100 ISO

    I just finished shooting a Film in the high desert of California and the 200 Iso setting was much too sensitive outdoors on a sunny day


    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
    #10
    Senior Member jdesignhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    155
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil H. View Post
    Some people sometimes shoot in an environment where the light is low and they can't entirely control/add lighting. When doing quick run and gun style shooting in low light/nighttime scenes, you want to shoot with the lowest (cleanest) ISO and still get a decent exposure. Lenses are only so fast. You may have NO or limited control over the lighting. The only thing left is adjusting the ISO. Using a DSLR in dark, uncontrolled, run and gun situations was great because you could quickly adjust the ISO, but only raise it as much as you absolutely had too. And you could do it quickly, shot to shot. Imagine run and gun in live environments, outdoors at night, or in dark clubs etc.
    Thanks, Phil. The issue, Shooter, is that you can only load 3 ISO speeds into the 3-way toggle switch. If you need a speed that is not loaded, you have to go into the menu system and load another. This is time consuming. I shoot documentaries. We move quickly. I would like to be able to go to the thumbwheel at the back of the camera, and roll to the ISO I need for the shot at hand.

    Jan, is something like this feasible?
    _/__/__/__/__/__/__/__/__/__/

    Jeff DePonte
    http//www.jdesign.tv



    Reply With Quote
     

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •