Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    NEW LINEAR MOTION SLIDER by cineZEN USA
    Just a teaser. A lot more to come next week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JoIg87RFNo

Our patent pending cineZEN cineGLIDE sliders are made in the USA and are in production and available for pre-order to students and DVX Users only for a deposit of $100 with delivery in late March or early April & WE JUST ADDED FREE SHIPPING !!! Since this post, we have sold a number of units on pre-order and will honor free shipping for all those customers as well as new purchases. Just over 100 units left in the first order. Thanks to all the filmmakers who purchased the pre-order so far. For those of you still interested see details below on our REVOLUTIONARY PRICING..

Our introductory pricing is listed as 25% off on the website www.cinezenusa.com , but we have established a major sale for the first few hundred units sold (limited availability). Currently a complete 36inch slider kit is being offered at $650 and the 48inch slider kit for $750 (well below our upcoming release pricing). The linear motion (steel ball bearing) slider kits consist of everything you could ask for including the full body carved from CNC machined aircraft quality aluminum, entire assembly unit and top plate featuring a 3/8 stud for tripod mounting, a 100mm bowl, adjustable legs, end caps & rail supports, steel ball bearings, and of course precision polished steel shafts. Our kits come tested and fully assembled. ($100 deposit due to reserve) contact us directly for more details or send your PAYPAL payment today to sales@cinezenusa.com

cineGlidelarge.jpgcineGlidelarge2.jpgcineGLIDE3lg.jpgcineGLIDE4lg.jpg

Eric J Kosinski
    President/CEO
    cineZEN USA LLC
    sales@cinezenusa.com
    www.cinezenusa.com
    Last edited by cineZEN USA; 02-05-2011 at 09:08 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    I'm a little new to the slider scene. What sets this unit apart from sliders sold now?

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Gweilo66 View Post
    I'm a little new to the slider scene. What sets this unit apart from sliders sold now?
    I'll start by saying, while we may be new in the sense of a launch, and there is no doubt other gear and similar units are in the marketplace, we are not new to designing, manufacturing or filmmaking and new products in most cases, build on previous inferior technology. Our philosophy was simple during the phase of design, production, and manufacturing; we tried other units, found flaws in all the units we tried in some sense, so we built our own and built better.

Our slider systems are quite a bit different than most current units in the sense that they are really linear motion systems, engineered to a precision specification and specifically built from the ground up all the while not using inexpensive IGUS style bearings, pre-built and configured units simply resold, and other unethical procedures. Almost all slider systems on the market today, can bind some and need to have drive force directly applied over the center, which can be a pain on professional shoots with heavier camera equipment. Also, our top plates have interchangeable Mitchell style mount options for various add on adapters such as the 3/8 16 thread stud for any standard mount tripod head, which can also be removed and inserted with a 1/4 20 thread for consumer mount tripod heads and other accessories, and currently we offer a industry standard 100mm bowl for 100mm ball head tripod heads. This speaks mainly just about the differences on the top riding surface.

On the unit in general, we have steel precision rails with steel ball bearings housed in independently adjustable bearing blocks. This means that you can literally use the tripod heads adjustable arm from several feet away and still get a smooth shot while watching your monitor. You don't need a centered drive force directly over the center which after several tests using these inferior IGUS and similar bearings, we simply gave up on that option and created our own PATENT PENDING cineGLIDE system.

To be precise, the main difference that we ask our customers to focus on is professional build quality design and manufacturing. The entire system is CNC machined from aircraft grade aluminum from our design CAD drawlings and manufactured completely in the US by a facility in our home state and local to guarantee precision machining and quality control.

All units will do the job, but when using IGUS components, it is a inferior option and while cheaper financially, there are problems that can arise and binding issues. THERE IS A MAJOR DIFFERENCE IN SLIDER TECHNOLOGY USING OTHER BEARINGS VS STEEL BALL BEARINGS. Take a good look at the other units on the market and feel free to touch base, test them, etc. We will no doubt come out on top in performance. We've already done the tests in most cases. Our rates our quite a bit lower than any similar system with these options and may be higher than a DIY build system, but the quality is far superior.

Finally, there is a major difference on a engineering standpoint and design standpoint with our gear and while it is hard to say whether any of the other systems will do the correct job for a lower cost, this is definitely a system that you can use for years to come on amateur and professional shoots and stay looking professional. We did a shoot with a full outfitted RED rig a few weeks ago and are shooting a short film in the coming weeks and the cineGLIDE will be there for all the slider shots. It is a workhorse.

I can always be contacted on my cell phone with any serious questions or inquiries or at the website or email below. 609-709-1370

Eric J Kosinski
    President/CEO
    cineZEN USA LLC
    sales@cinezenusa.com
    www.cinezenusa.com
    Last edited by cineZEN USA; 02-13-2011 at 01:17 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Shawn Philip Nelson's Avatar
    Gotta bump this thread now that I saw I won one of these in the contest!! I'm VERY excited! Are they ready to go?

What's the blue knob on picture 1? It's not in the other ones.

And what's the best way to mount this to a tripod or stands? I'm getting the 3' version, so I think 1 tripod is the better way to go. I own a nice beefy set of Ronfords (baby and std), so it'd hold it no problem. If you dont have anything then I have some ideas, mostly involving mounting a board the entire length of the rods but low enough the tie down knob can clear.

Very excited to give this a go and get some footage!! A big thanks to you for sponsoring the fest!!!
    Formerly user 'shawneous'.

"Every great idea is on the verge of being stupid."
    -Michel Gondry

5. Collapse Details
    GREAT NEWS !!! We have over 100 sliders in stock and ready to ship. (shipping is between 7 and 10 days). We have 36 " units in stock and 48" or 60" units coming this week. I'm very excited to announce we have put our engineering expertise and a lot of time into the development of this. I would be happy to explain personally how these units are different from other sliders on the market. Our website will be updated this week. WE also have some new gear coming soon, which includes a new camera cage system, and accessories. Please feel free to reach out as soon as possible to reserve yours today. Units are discounted for DVX users and Film Students!!!

Eric J Kosinski
    President/CEO
    cineZEN USA LLC
    sales@cinezenusa.com
    www.cinezenusa.com

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Philip Nelson View Post
    Gotta bump this thread now that I saw I won one of these in the contest!! I'm VERY excited! Are they ready to go?

What's the blue knob on picture 1? It's not in the other ones.

And what's the best way to mount this to a tripod or stands? I'm getting the 3' version, so I think 1 tripod is the better way to go. I own a nice beefy set of Ronfords (baby and std), so it'd hold it no problem. If you dont have anything then I have some ideas, mostly involving mounting a board the entire length of the rods but low enough the tie down knob can clear.

Very excited to give this a go and get some footage!! A big thanks to you for sponsoring the fest!!!
    Absolutely Shawn, Production took a while as we produce all our materials, including rails, components etc in the USA. We now have the units available and have setup a great relationship with our vendors in the US for keeping our items in stock. The units are well worth the wait and at a price point we feel no other bearing based slider can compare to!! Please see your inbox on our emails regarding shipping preferences. You can call me direct at 609-709-1370 anytime to finalize shipment. Thanks again and CONGRATS!!!

Eric J Kosinski
    President/CEO
    cineZEN USA LLC
    sales@cinezenusa.com
    www.cinezenusa.com

7. Collapse Details
    hello Eric... a couple questions:

1. what's the cost of the 60 inch slider?
    2. what's the DVXUSER discount? (i take it you are a site sponsor?)
    3. I see 100mm ball...is there a 75mm bowl option ? I have a sachtler fsb8 head.
    4. are there screws on the ends that will allow to attach to stands?
    5. is there some sort of drag feature to set different speeds?

Seems like a pretty solid product. a video of it in use on the website will go a long way.

(posted here instead of contacting through the site just in case others had thee same questions)
    Last edited by jambredz; 10-14-2011 at 09:43 AM.

8. Collapse Details
    YES, 60 inch units are available for $900, however for DVX users and Student filmmakers, $750 if purchased direct. I've answered your questions below:

We do have several 75mm ball head "bowls" in stock. In fact on the website, you'll notice the Manfrotto 504 head attached using the 75mm ball head. The 75mm can be substituted for the 100mm in a package. There are 1/4 20 on one side and 3/8 16 on another to mount on any stand, c stand (with 5/8 adapter or stud) as well as legs with positioning and a brake to stop travel. I'd imagine you can set drag with the brake, but since it is run on ball bearings , the unit is as smooth as butter. Each bearing block can be adjusted as well (more can be explained in person) which is the reason we have a Patent Pending on the unit as this is very unique.

We have tested with over 40 lbs and a RED One outfitted and will be doing weight tests soon. There are optional bearings that can be purchased which run off of a teflon style system and are whisper quite for sync sound film sets (again, this is where the need for bearing block adjustment comes in) There is absolutely no binding with this style system.

Please call anytime 609-709-1370

MORE PICS AND A VIDEO (commercial shots from a DUCATI USA shoot) will be posted in the next week or two.

Eric J Kosinski
    President/CEO
    cineZEN USA LLC
    sales@cinezenusa.com
    www.cinezenusa.com

9. Collapse Details
    nice. sounds excellent. thanks for the reply.

10. Collapse Details
    Eric
    have you had any Legal problem with Cinevate? Did you get the Patent on this utility
    Iam asking because looks like the Atlas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast