Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Maybe it should just be an option in the menu
    Agreed. From several years constant shooting with the HPX500, moving from 60fps to interviews and back again, I have gotten in the habit of checking the movement of the audio meters to know where I am... habits are hard to break...

2. Collapse Details
    Barry here is something that should also be noted in this thread. A lot of the people buying the AF100 are coming from the SLR world. Some of these people hear that they can actually record quality sound in camera instead recording sound on a 3rd party device. What they don't know is that the PH Audio Mode has to be switched from AC3 to LPCM to achieve the biggest benefit. AC3 isn't much better than what SLR's record and it is the default setting in the AF100.

3. Collapse Details
    When it comes to the audio meters and VFR. Its very easy to see VFR is on. You'll have XX:24 or XX:25.

Im sure many of you already know this but Im going to just type it out anyway.

RELATES TO FILM CAM MODE ONLY

A small gotcha for those in PAL land and who havent used a Pana cam before. But lets call it what it really is shooting in 50Hz.

When set to 25P, the shutter options in the menu are 1/25 or 1/60. Typically when trying to obtain that film like motion blur we want a 180 degree shutter which equates to 1/50th. But there is no 1/50th right? Wrong.

Two ways to achieve 1/50th or a 180 degree shutter.

1/ On the back left side of cam is the Dial select button - which as you know changes the function of the dial below it. There are a few options

Dial Shutter
    Dial frame rate
    Dial Lock

Choose dial shutter. Then if you scroll the wheel your presented with 1/25, 1/60, 1/120, 1/250, 1/500, 1/1000, 1/2000 then the final is the shutter degrees. This is set to 180 degree by default. So if it reads 180, select it and viola your where you need to be.

BUT, what about if you change the value for syncro scan and how do you do that anyway?

With the shutter showing the shutter angle hit the dial select button again - then using the dial up or down, this will let you choose any shutter angle from 10 to 360 degrees. So setback to 180 if its on something else and your set.

2/ This is the easiest way to get straight out 1/50 or 180 degrees without any fuss.

Again, use the dial select button to select Dial Shutter. Then simply push the dial in and you will see on the LCD "Shutter Off". This actually sets the camera to a shutter or 1/50.

These functions are exactly the same in NTSC land (59.94Hz) countries. When you're at 180 or shutter off your at 1/48th.
    Last edited by Barry_Green; 01-30-2011 at 08:05 PM.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

4. Collapse Details
    How to reset the TC (timecode)

First go - MENU > TC/UB SETUP > TC PRESET - then YES

What you see now is your TC PRESET screen

In the panel where the LCD sits when closed you'll see the WFM (waveform monitor button), under it is a button with RESET/TC SET, press it and you will see all the numbers in the TC PRESET screen reset to 00h00m00s00f. So once you've done that push in the little menu selection joystick. An overlay pops up that says TC Preset? Select YES, push in the little menu joystick again and your done.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

5. Collapse Details
    I've used Class 4 Sandisk Ultra IIs (the new Sandisk Ultra rebrand that replaced them don't seem to work as well in my hacked GH1) with the HMC-150 with no problems. Will these work with the AF-100?

6. Collapse Details
    Yes, but not for overcranking. The AF100 requires Class 6 or better for overcranking.

7. Collapse Details
    Does it literally flat out reject you or will it try and just fail from card write speed? Not that it's a big deal or anything, I am just trying to figure out if I should buy some new cards just for when I get the chance to try out an AF-100.

8. Collapse Details
    The camera checks the card's speed when you go to turn VFR on. If the card reports that it's a Class 6 or higher, then it goes ahead. If the card reports that it's Class 4 or lower, the camera brings up a message saying "cannot record VFR to this card."

9. Collapse Details
    I tried FilmPro class 6 cards and couldn't get into VFR mode. So I bought Lexar class 10 cards and couldn't get into VFR mode (they're on sale, good deal.) Then I realized that I'm in 720 instead of 1080. Can't shoot VFR in 720. Just a heads up!!

10. Collapse Details
    Just discovered I can copy shot sd cards or selected clips to another sd card IN CAMERA! Now I can back up shot cards, give a set to the client and archive the others.

Look under card functions in the PB menu. No more NEXTO or laptop in the field.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast