Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Tablet device with HDMI input
    A friend of mine is at CES posting updates on new tablet devices, but I'm still not seeing one with a video INPUT.

I know this feature has limited mass-market appeal, but I'd love to have a tablet with a beautiful HD lcd that I could use as a location monitor, but which could also do all the things that an iPad does on the days when I'm not shooting.

If anyone comes across such a device, please post a link in this thread!

_Michael

2. Collapse Details
    Toshiba is getting ready to introduce an iPad competitor with HDMI input. Unknown whether you can stream real time to it. If you can, the external monitor makers should be thinking price drop.

Grant

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the tip and please link to the Toshiba product when it is out. I too am watching all of these tablets thinking "if they just added live HDMI input..."

4. Collapse Details
    I think tablets with HDMI will become obsolete very soon.

The next thing is being able to stream what's on your tablet to your television with no wires through a tablet app and an interface like http://boxee.tv and Apple TV and others. It looks promising.

You can do this now with an iphone or iPad and an AppleTV ($99).

I think you can also do this with the Boxee app and the Boxee interface ($199) The boxee app turns your smartphone into the remote. The site says you can also download the boxee software on any pc and use that as interface.

5. Collapse Details
    Omar,

Thus far, I am not aware of any tablets that even have HDMI input, so they aren't obsolete yet. Do you know of any that do have HDMI input???

Not sure if you understand what many of us are after. If a tablet had zero latency HDMI input, it could replace the expensive on cam HD monitors. Since the tablet is in essence a small computer, it could also be used for a bunch of other tasks around a shoot.

Grant

6. Collapse Details
    Ahhh! I see. Right. That would be amazing.

Not sure if it works right but supposedly Samsung Galaxy supports HDMI with microUSB to HDMI cable.

There are many android tablets coming out tis year with HDMI that were displayed at CES.

I wonder if these will work bringing video IN through HDMI which is what we're after

7. Collapse Details
    Hmmm, I'll check out the Galaxy, but I thought that was equipped with an HDMI output only.

8. Collapse Details
    please someone keep updating this thread soon after CES is over ok.. I am searching the same thing too!!!

9. Collapse Details
    Just wondering, if some tablets this year get HDMI-in, are they powerful enough to record video to their drives?

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueIndigo View Post
    Just wondering, if some tablets this year get HDMI-in, are they powerful enough to record video to their drives?
    HA HA HA - No.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast