1. Collapse Details
    "High-End" event filming
    Hey all,

Just wondering about the live event videography market.
    What makes some "qualified" to shoot "high end" shows?
    I'm not talking about operating huge Jibs, steadicams or even switchers, just plain ol' camera work. I am looking at this ad I saw a few days ago:

"We require 2 highly qualified HD camera operators who is familiar and has used the Sony f900R HD cam for 2011 a major concert event in february 2011. Must have large amounts of industry experience live in Brisbane and or Gold coast. Filming will be over a 2 day event must have public liability entertainment insurance 10 million or more and have worked on major television and or film productions. Show reel required and or web link to view work. May be ongoing work for right candidate, also must be a team player and work well with others. Assembling and taking down of equipment required also."

Now, I am no Sony f900 expert, but like any competent camera operator, I can pretty much guarantee you that I can pick up almost any camera ( excluding the RED perhaps ) and pretty much make it sing on the day.
    All these other requirements make it sound like I'm gonna be directing a hollywood blockbuster. Are most event gigs this selective??

2. Collapse Details
    They gave you a job description. They may not get exactly what they want, so send your reel and resume and wait for the love. It does seem strange that if they want you to be an employee, they are also asking for liability insurance. They might be seeking a production company??

Grant

3. Collapse Details
    Qualifications can be as simple as showing (with LOTS of examples) that you can do the job. Make a show reel and send it off....
    C100 + Ninja 2, 5D3, Canon XF + XA, GH4, FCPX, FCP7, CS6 etc
    Corporate & Event Videos
    Photo Booth Hire in Yorkshire