1. Collapse Details
    Please help Distributor needs XDCAM MOV
    My feature film has just been acquired by R-Squared films but i need to send it to them as a MOV file.

The rendered HD film I currently have is AVI cineform format 1920x1080 29.970 fps. I have vegas pro 9 and vegas pro 10.

I need to be able to render the film in vegas with an XDCAM codec.
    Here is what I do, I click on render>Quicktime7>video format dropdown menu - here there are many codecs such as Avid 1:1x, Avid DNxHD, DVDPRO etc etc but there is no XDCAM codec listed.
    Do i need to download this codec, and if so can you please tell me where I can download a XDCAM codec that will work with windows/sony vegas.

Thank you.

2. Collapse Details
    You won't be able to go directly to an .MOV- XDCAM file, you can only do that on a MAC as far as I understand it. I would personally take my film out of Vegas as a DNxHD .MOV file and then convert that to whatever you need on a MAC, but if you don't get all your settings right sometimes FCP dosent like what comes out of Vegas. The other direction you could go is Encode to an XDCAM .MP4 and dump those files back to an XDCAM EX Camera (EX1,EX3) and then ingest those files onto a MAC.

Good luck.

3. Collapse Details
    Did you transcode your XDCAM files to Cineform AVI's?
    Because if you have Cineform you can use HDLink to out put MOV files.

Even on a PC...
    An UNPURE D800, Canon 7D | Dell M6500 - MSI GS70 | Windows 7 Pro 64bit - 8 Pro 64bit

4. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Yes, but he needs to go to the XDCAM format in a .MOV container. That's the tricky part. Curious that they need that particular codec though.