Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Submitting a music video for Mtv or other Video shows?
    Do any of you have any experience with submitting a music video for consideration to be played on a Mtv show or other video shows on television? I read something about a person contacted someone at Mtv and they were sent a form they had to fill out and send back with their video. I don't know how true this is. I didn't think Mtv played independent music videos but I am told they do on one of their many channels. I just directed a video and the artist is trying to get the video on the network. I am just trying to see what I need to do from an editing stand point like do I need to put color bars off the top? Do I list the song title, Director, Album, and Label on the video myself or do they do it?

I told the artist this was going to be a long shot and I honestly don't think they will play independent videos but he seems to think otherwise so we'll see!
    www.cmellc.biz Cre8tive Minds Entertainment, LLC

2. Collapse Details
    I shot a music video over the summer that was put in the playlist for a music show on JCTV. I don't know much, as the label's producer handled everything, but all I had to do was give him a broadcast-quality copy of the video with no text included. Then, the station's people were to add the text later and re-encode as needed for their workflow.
    Neighborhood Studios
    Freelance Video Production
    --
    Panasonic HMC150 // GH2 // Minolta MD lenses // Glidecam 4000 // Lowel 3 Omni Kit // Adobe CS6

3. Collapse Details
    hey.. I actually own a music video promotion company that specializes in getting videos airplay. you can see our clients on our site. Anyway, we just created a great DIY method of submitting a video to the national networks. the link is http://www.trendsettermarketing.net/video-submit/ . I literally just got done creating it, but let me know if you have any questions.
    Roy LaManna
    CEO
    Trendsetter Marketing & Musicvideosubmissions.com
    To get your music video on MTV, BET, Jams, VEVO and others, just visit:
    http://www.musicvideosubmissions.com/

4. Collapse Details
    Music videos...on MTV? Ahahaha...they only show reality shows like The Jersey Shore and Real World now.

Seriously though you need to hook up with some record labels that have connections. Money talks...
    Freelance Camera Operator/Editor/Photographer/Audio Dude

Sony EX1 | Nikon D300 | Sennheiser EW100ENG G2 Wireless Kit | Home Recording Studio

5. Collapse Details
    Agree. That's what i think.
    But sites like trend from the DVXGuy seems a good alternative for anyone

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by adamr316 View Post
    Music videos...on MTV? Ahahaha...they only show reality shows like The Jersey Shore and Real World now.

Seriously though you need to hook up with some record labels that have connections. Money talks...
    MTV actually does play videos (although it's not in the same format it used to be.). The videos that play directly after teen mom and jersey shore are all promotional videos.. I know because i place them there. money actually doesn't talk. I've known billionaires, who've spent $1 million + on the production, get passed on. I've also seen small indies get placement.
    Roy LaManna
    CEO
    Trendsetter Marketing & Musicvideosubmissions.com
    To get your music video on MTV, BET, Jams, VEVO and others, just visit:
    http://www.musicvideosubmissions.com/

7. Collapse Details
    I pretty sure but i think you have to consult the broadcasting team and they will further check quality and voice of your video if they found it reliable then they will broadcast your video.You can also try other methods of your music promotion.

8. Collapse Details
    try http://www.fastrax.co.uk/

I think that service does what you're looking for.

9. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    haha

10. Collapse Details
    Roy,

Check your PM box.

GJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast