1. Collapse Details
    Ditogear dolly slider or Kessler pocket dolly???
    While I wait for my AF100 to arrive, I'm looking to buy a slider dolly. Up until yesterday I was thinking of the Philip Bloom pocket dolly.

But I recently discovered Ditogear and was wondering if anyone here has used either their Crank slider or Drive cam slider???

http://ditogear.com/crank-camera-slider/

http://ditogear.com/drivecam-slider/

If so, how easy were they use? How much time required to set up? What did you like and not like about them?

If I'm not mistaken the drive cam slider is close to the same price as the Kessler CineSlider.

2. Collapse Details
    Looks really interesting...any input from someone who has used this gear?

3. Collapse Details
    Get a kessler!!!!! Awesome build and quality. I have the cineslider and it ROCKS!!!!

4. Collapse Details
    I've heard great this about Kessler as well as the sliders from cinevate.

5. Collapse Details
    We bought the ditogear slider a few weeks ago. It works great, has a good building quality but the noise it makes during "sliding" makes it unusable for shoots with sound recording

Thomas

6. Collapse Details

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Natteau View Post
    While I wait for my AF100 to arrive, I'm looking to buy a slider dolly. Up until yesterday I was thinking of the Philip Bloom pocket dolly.

But I recently discovered Ditogear and was wondering if anyone here has used either their Crank slider or Drive cam slider???

http://ditogear.com/crank-camera-slider/

http://ditogear.com/drivecam-slider/

If so, how easy were they use? How much time required to set up? What did you like and not like about them?

If I'm not mistaken the drive cam slider is close to the same price as the Kessler CineSlider.
    I will not speak poorly of any brand names that use this forum, but I have done extensive research, in text, photos and finished videos online.

You may want to consider a DIY project before moving to linear bearings and spending more than $50. If sound is the end all be all, then you may have to go linear. But if you can use off camera sound, seriously think about utilizing skateboard bearings.

On the issue of sound, there may even be a cheap simple way to wrap the skate bearings in smooth rubber to make it silent. I do not have "all" the answers yet. I have yet to see footage that's more fluid than skate bearings, end of story. IMHO they compete with $1000 to $3000 motorized systems.

Secondly, There are ways to make it move via gravity (try that with a linear bearing slider). It can be moved with a pulley and a weight. It can of course by moved by hand and when your ready, with a small motor.

I cannot believe more readers on dvxuser, youtube, vimeo, timescapes, cannot see how powerful the skate bearing can be on the right surface.

If you have any DIY ability please pm me and I will help you. I am starting mine this weekend.

8. Collapse Details
    Hi Mikecazzx,

Thanks very much for your feedback. I should have mentioned that my interest in the motorized slider would be for doing programmable timelapse in addition to regular dolly slider shots. Motor sound is no problem. All the scenarios I have in mind are for strictly visual appeal, sound not important. Sadly, my DIY skills are zero when it comes to rigging together anything myself. Thanks again.