1. Collapse Details
    Sony EX3 with NewTek TriCaster Setup!!
    Hi everyone,

It is great to be back to this great forum which helped me a lot.

Anyway, I ordered a TriCaster™ TCXD850 to be used in live production with my EX3. This is my first time to get involve in live production, and I consider myself a novice, so I appreciate any feedback.

I am concerned about three things:

1- What intercom system should I buy that will work perfectly with my setup?
    2- What CCU (Camera Control Unite) should I buy for my setup?
    3- What Tally System (you know .. for the talent to know which camera is alive) will work with my setup?

To learn more about TriCaster™ TCXD850, please visit this link:
    http://www.newtek.com/tricaster/tricaster_tcxd850.php

Looking forward for any help ..

Kind regards,
    Yasser Saeed

2. Collapse Details
    I work with a TriCaster system quite often. I have a love/hate relationship with it. The most unfortunate aspect of the TriCaster is that it does not interface with other industry-standard modules, such as CCU and Tally.

Here's what we've done:

1-Wireless Telecom system.
    2-CCU...as far as I know, the only thing you can do with a EX camera is do a long run of LANC back to the TriCaster, or wherever your EIC is. An EX camera obviously will not have a CCU like Triax studio cameras have. There are some guys hacking the F900's paintbox to work with EX cameras. But, I wouldn't consider than a viable CCU option for your set up.
    3-I have not yet set up tallies on our TC, but they are designed so that you can connect a 3volt LED directly to the "TALLY" port on the Tricaster. You will have a separate cable run, but this should be a nominal cost.
    Mike McNeese
    Director of Photography

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike McNeese View Post
    I work with a TriCaster system quite often. I have a love/hate relationship with it. The most unfortunate aspect of the TriCaster is that it does not interface with other industry-standard modules, such as CCU and Tally.

Here's what we've done:

1-Wireless Telecom system.
    2-CCU...as far as I know, the only thing you can do with a EX camera is do a long run of LANC back to the TriCaster, or wherever your EIC is. An EX camera obviously will not have a CCU like Triax studio cameras have. There are some guys hacking the F900's paintbox to work with EX cameras. But, I wouldn't consider than a viable CCU option for your set up.
    3-I have not yet set up tallies on our TC, but they are designed so that you can connect a 3volt LED directly to the "TALLY" port on the Tricaster. You will have a separate cable run, but this should be a nominal cost.
    Thank you very much Micke, I appreciate your feedback. Would you please recommend which 3volt LED tally will work with TriCaster? How to connect them, and how many can I connect?

4. Collapse Details
    You kinda have to make them...see this link...

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69523
    Mike McNeese
    Director of Photography