Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    When I shoot in 60i and I go to import it to a sequence in FCP it asks me if I want to adjust the settings of the sequence to match the clip, and i click yes and then when I go and check the sequence settings it says that the sequence is set to 29.97?? Do I need to run this 60i footage through the compressor program as well?

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Man View Post
    When I shoot in 60i and I go to import it to a sequence in FCP it asks me if I want to adjust the settings of the sequence to match the clip, and i click yes and then when I go and check the sequence settings it says that the sequence is set to 29.97?? Do I need to run this 60i footage through the compressor program as well?

sorry now i'm getting confused.

ok, anything that isn't shot at 24p needs to be ran through compressor.
    Also you want to make sure your "Easy setup" is set to 24 fps. that way your clips and sequence are both at 24fps

3. Collapse Details
    Ok, now I am also a little confused. I will try to say my issue again: I have an Canon XL2 and When I shoot a clip in 24p Mode, I capture it with FCP and then drag it into the sequence. This is where I dont understand: When I drag the clip into the sequence it asks me if I want to set my sequence settings to match my clip settings, then I click yes. after doing this, if I go and look at what my sequence settings are, they will be 29.97FPS?? this is why I am asking all these questions, I dont understand why FCP cant see what frame rate my camera was shooting any certain clip in? does this make any more sense

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12