1. Collapse Details
    hmc40 vs jvc gy-hm100u
    reading tons of websites that compare these two cameras and i just can't decide. it seems everything keeps coming back to the ability of the JVC to shoot in the .mov file format for FCP. i do use FCP so this is truly interesting to me... what is the option with the hmc40 footage? do you have to use mpeg streamclip to transcode it before editing?

tell me about these cameras guys... is there a clear winner here?

i will be using it for online commercials for a law firm (interviewing past clients and the lawyers themselves to put online) and for live events that the law firm sponsors.

2. Collapse Details
    I was in this dilemma too. In the end, there was so little in it technically that it came down to:
    - HMC41 was cheaper (by around $700 at the time, in the UK)
    - HMC41 had a remote port for zoom and iris controls, the HM100 didn't.

I didn't have a need of the dual SDHC slots or the .MOV format recording from the HM100, which meant I didn't want to pay the extra for it.

3. Collapse Details
    I shied away from the JVC because I had read some negative things about its construction. Especially the threads for filters on the lens front. I don't have one, so I can't confirm this, but that was something I was worried about.

kairosmatt