1. Collapse Details
    V1U Clips splitting?
    Hello all,

I recently recorded some footage on my v1u in 1080 60i. I use iMovie to capture it to my computer since I can't get final cut to. Anyways.. some of my clips randomly get split. Like.. it takes a clip and splits it in two, and I lose frames in between the 2 clips. any idea why its doing this? pretty frustrating when I need the whole shot and its randomly cut and footage is lost..

I'm trying to get used to the camera since I'm about to leave to film a documentary. I figured 1080 60i would be the best.. things were going alright until this. any help would be much appreciated!

2. Collapse Details
    anybody?

3. Collapse Details
    Could it be as simple as you having enabled "scene detection" during the capture, and the software is perhaps not doing a good job in that regard? If so, it would just be a matter of not alowing scene detection and instead capturing the entire tape as one long clip.

4. Collapse Details
    Hello I own 3 of this cameras they are awesome only small isue is low condition shooting I have the same problem about 2 months ago, and big problem cause we record a wedding and lost about 60% of info on the tapes spliting frames every 30 seconds to a minute to a 2 minutes, I call sony and talk to a few friends and the solution is simple NEVER USED OLD TAPES OR REUSED TAPES, purchased a SONY Head Cleaner DVM-12CLD put a new tape and voila easy fix.

trust me just used one brand tape i used sony HDM-63VG for 5.99 from BHphoto and work awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Fredles View Post
    Hello all,

I recently recorded some footage on my v1u in 1080 60i. I use iMovie to capture it to my computer since I can't get final cut to. Anyways.. some of my clips randomly get split. Like.. it takes a clip and splits it in two, and I lose frames in between the 2 clips. any idea why its doing this? pretty frustrating when I need the whole shot and its randomly cut and footage is lost..

I'm trying to get used to the camera since I'm about to leave to film a documentary. I figured 1080 60i would be the best.. things were going alright until this. any help would be much appreciated!