1. Collapse Details
    External Monitor and focus info
    Hi Guys,
    The manual says that even when set with video out OSD on, the focus, zoom, audio levels, and timecode are not sent to an external monitor.

Is there anyway to get any of these (especially focus) to display on an external monitor? I have tried it with lens status on/off and it doesn't matter.

I can't imagine that there isn't a way to do this, I just can't figure it out.

Any help?

Thanks
    kairosmatt

2. Collapse Details
    Looks like there's no way to do this huh? Bummer.

This seems like a pretty major oversight...why no focus/zoom on the eternal preview? I mean, one of the reasons you use a monitor is to have more accurate focus....I guess the resolution is supposed to make up for the lack of numbers? Arg.

kairosmatt

3. Collapse Details
    Unfortunately you can't send the focus heads-up-display info to an external monitor, but you can focus pretty easily by eye if you're using a monitor. I use a cheap 23" 1920x1080 computer monitor with HDMI inputs to focus the HMC40 manually with a Letus35 adapter and fast primes attached, and I find that I can quickly nail focus with ease.

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks Jason, that's what I was afraid of.

I am using a small 3.5 in monitor on the back of an underwater housing, and it would be a huge help to know if the numbers were getting smaller or larger and at what rate (especially when free diving holding my breath and getting confused with which way the knob turns the focus ring)

kairosmatt

5. Collapse Details
    If memory serves, you can display the "focus bar" if you are a fan of that feature, but that is all.

Grant

6. Collapse Details
    Wait I am not understanding this correctly. Can you see the focus output on the external monitor? Or can you just see the focus control information display? Please tell me its the latter cuz I just bought an external monitor for this camera.

7. Collapse Details
    You can send the focus distance out to an external monitor, and I think you can send the focus bar out too.

You cannot see the expanded/magnified focus display on an external monitor, nor can you see the effects of the EVF DTL "peaking" on an external monitor.

8. Collapse Details
    Hi Barry,
    Do you know how to get the cam to send the focus distance out to an external monitor over composite?
    thanks!
    kairosmatt