Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonthewho View Post
    Best film of the fest. It's fantastic to see someone actually value performances. The look of the film was great too, but it's the acting that makes it. I loved the pace of this, felt perfect for the piece. I don't hate the ambiguity of the ending, but just a little more clarity wouldn't have hurt. I was unclear whether the monster(?) was inside or outside the house. A shadow in the window or something. But that's a minor complaint in an otherwise outstanding entry.
    Thanks for watching and commenting, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Your comments had me smiling, so thanks for that.

2. Collapse Details
    Top quality workmanship.
    Good luck and congratulations.
    SCRIPTFEST VII TOP 3 | THE MELT | WEBSITE | IMDB | EMAIL
    Wordsmith & Graphic Designer. Will work for credit, coffee and money.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Todaro View Post
    Top quality workmanship.
    Thanks for watching and commenting.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Todaro View Post
    Top quality workmanship.
    Anthony thank you good sir. And as youre currently the only person who sent a congrats for making the finals in the film thread - I'll add some whipped cream to the comment if you dont mind.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonthewho View Post
    Best film of the fest. It's fantastic to see someone actually value performances. The look of the film was great too, but it's the acting that makes it. I loved the pace of this, felt perfect for the piece. I don't hate the ambiguity of the ending, but just a little more clarity wouldn't have hurt. I was unclear whether the monster(?) was inside or outside the house. A shadow in the window or something. But that's a minor complaint in an otherwise outstanding entry.
    Awesome Jason.

6. Collapse Details
    I'm a local Portland-area student film-maker just starting to browse DVXuser on a more consistent basis.

I think this is without a doubt, the best entry to the festival. Great writing, and direction overall. The slow tracking shot in the beginning was excellent, I wish you would have played it out into the second shot revealing the photos. The performances were very solid, and the subtlety is what makes it work. The dialogue is more realistic because of it and I think it forces the audience to be more engaged. And I really like the aggressive and foreboding sound design, I'm a huge fan of it. Excellent work overall.

The only thing that stood out was the opening title card. The red font and effect just didn't work for me, it's somewhat hard to read.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by David_Lee View Post
    I'm a local Portland-area student film-maker just starting to browse DVXuser on a more consistent basis.

I think this is without a doubt, the best entry to the festival. Great writing, and direction overall. The slow tracking shot in the beginning was excellent, I wish you would have played it out into the second shot revealing the photos. The performances were very solid, and the subtlety is what makes it work. The dialogue is more realistic because of it and I think it forces the audience to be more engaged. And I really like the aggressive and foreboding sound design, I'm a huge fan of it. Excellent work overall.

The only thing that stood out was the opening title card. The red font and effect just didn't work for me, it's somewhat hard to read.
    Thanks for the comments David, and thanks for being one of the few people who commented after we made the finals.

8. Collapse Details
    The slow tracking shot in the beginning was excellent, I wish you would have played it out into the second shot revealing the photos.
    Would have loved to David. The issue was the available tools, didnt have anything that would take me right through. But I agree that would have been great.

Once again agree completely. The opening title sequence that was prepared - didnt work for me on other points so this was fairly quick. But agree the red doesnt set the right tone.

Thanks for your comments.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910