Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    any aspect ratio != any resolution

2. Collapse Details
    There is no limit on resolution. As long as your file fits within the size limit (60 Mb the last two fests), you can make it whatever resolution you want.

3. Collapse Details
    Officially lobbying for bigger file size in order to compensate HD viewing. Any chance we can do that, Jason?

Thanks.

4. Collapse Details
    Hey Mods! I have a question that other "newbs" may have. (New to the DVXFest)

When you say, "Anonymous" Entry. So far....my thread (not submitted yet) has my DVXUser name, "A film by HHL". Is this considered Anonymous? Are you saying that I, (gasp), must divulge my REAL CHRISTIAN NAME, (second gasp to add to tension)?

Actually not a biggie...but I just want to validate that.

The reason why I ask is because I'm committing to enter this NO MATTER WHAT....so....if I end up having to "cross-dress" to play both main characters I will....but I was thinking that a ski mask may be in order...and I wasn't sure I wanted everyone to know that THIS HUMBLE BEGINNING belongs to my CHRISTIAN NAME....(if you know what I mean?)

Isn't there some name that Directors used to use when they felt that the project had lost its original purpose? (Googling now) Uh...I'll find it later. Anywho...just wondering. THanks.

5. Collapse Details
    Alan Smithee

6. Collapse Details
    Thanks for that! ...yeah....I feel like I've lost control of my project ALREADY. I'm Directing, Producing, DPing, Editing, Writing, ....and all I can say is I HATE those BASTARDS!!! Every one of them!!! I MUST put Alan Smithee on my film (or HHL)...because I TOTALLY lost control to those GUYS!!!!!!

Do you have any idea how hard it is to get my creative vision through a filter THAT THICK?? GEEZ!! Where's my double mocha latte anyway!!!!

7. Collapse Details
    No, an anonymous entry would be the creation of a temporary secondary user account. That's something that must be approved by a Mod. Submitting as HHL is not what we'd consider anonymous within the context of this community and fest. So you're good.
    DOWN AND DANGEROUS is now on iTunes :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
    THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: #DADmovie

8. Collapse Details
    Thanks so much Zak.
    (Back to fighting for creative control...with myself)
    Last edited by HHL; 12-02-2010 at 08:42 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    I have a midget!
    Miguel
    Cinematographer Photographer
    www.miguelgallagher.com.au

10. Collapse Details
    A quick nitpick regarding the poster dimensions:

As a graphic artist for decades, the poster dimensions initially confused me as one sheets are "tall" (portrait) and the one sheet dimensions were written as "landscape";

The standard in graphic arts and photography to express dimensions are width followed by height (even in video we say "640 x 480" or "1280 x 720"). In my career, people unfamiliar with this shorthand have caused errors costing thousands of dollars in revision or even printing chargers.

A small point but one for the festival moderators to make note of for the future - someone sending these numbers to a graphic artist unfamiliar with terms like "one sheet" could receive unusable art.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast