Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Short D7000 Video "Weld Falls"
    Hello,

Here is my first Nikon D7000 video. This is my first HDSLR and I got to say, I'm loving the look. What is nice about the D7000 setup is the mobility. Instead of limited to a mile or so with the EX1 + 35mm setup, I can travel much further by foot with this setup.

Gear used was D7000, cartoni head and sticks, 17-35mm, 80-200mm, and some ND filters.

Here is the link to the short.
    http://www.tmdfilms.com/films/cineshorts/weldfalls.html

Comments and critiques are welcome!
    Thanks, Damon

2. Collapse Details
    Absolutely GORGEOUS work Damon! I definitely need to pick up some ND filters... what do you use?

I'm loving my D7000 for stills and I've been impressed with what it can do for video thus far.

3. Collapse Details
    That's some of the best looking footage I've seen from the D7000 yet. Have you color corrected a lot in post?

I'm worried about the reports of the stuck pixels. Are there any bad pixels on your cam?
    “There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.” -Warren Buffett, New York Times

Radiation
    Alternatives
    Hell of a Deal

pfb

4. Collapse Details
    That is easily the best looking film from the D7000 so far. Congrats! Great job!

Btw, I looked at the Cartoni website. What head and sticks do you use?

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks! The footage is color corrected. But mostly level adjustments and increase in color saturation. I checked the sensor last week for hot pixels and didn't see any. I'll probably check it once a week from now on. The ND filters I used were Hoyas (0.6 and 0.9). Good quality. But they are time consuming to flip out for different lenses and different exposures. I'm looking into a fader ND filter.

Damon

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dfreerider View Post
    That is easily the best looking film from the D7000 so far. Congrats! Great job!

Btw, I looked at the Cartoni website. What head and sticks do you use?

dfreerider, I use the cartoni focus head. Have been for 3 years now. Still very solid. Here is a nice review from Jarred Land - http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...us-Head-Review

The sticks are Gitzo GT3541LS. I can adapt it to 75mm or 100mm bowl heads. It's light and compacts down to 22 inches.

Thanks, Damon

7. Collapse Details
    Ridiculously good looking footage.

Have you any ideas about a fader ND filter?

I'm in the same boat. I need the .6 and .9 and would rather get a fader, but don't know which brand, etc.

8. Collapse Details
    Hey Damon:

Check out your film @ 1:14, the pan of the tree trunk. There appears to be either a lens flare or a hot pixel, I'm guessing it's the former, but it's worth investigating!

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirezzi View Post
    Hey Damon:

Check out your film @ 1:14, the pan of the tree trunk. There appears to be either a lens flare or a hot pixel, I'm guessing it's the former, but it's worth investigating!

Mirezzi, I used the 17-35mm on that shot. Great lens, but flares like crazy without a hood or flag. I believe the spot you are looking at is the one on the lower 3rd line. Watch the spot move right as the camera pans right.

Damon

10. Collapse Details
    GREAT work! The color on this makes me "Nutty for Nikon"! Thanks for sharing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast