Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Thrill Fest 2010 - VIEWING NOW OPEN
    We are happy to announce the launch of viewing and rating for Thrill Fest 2010.

We have made some additional improvements to the pseudo-streaming we implemented last fest. All the films should now correctly play within the online viewer. As before you will first be presented with a list of films to view and rate, when you click a title instead of beginning the download process you will be taken to a viewing page where you can watch the film online and rate directly on the same page.

While on that page you can either navigate forward or backward through the available films, or choose to view a random entry. You can also return to the film listing and you can download the film to your local machine for offline viewing.

IMPORTANT NOTE
    Please be aware this is not a fully realized streaming system. It is a good step towards that, but it is not complete yet as there are a lot of components to install, integrate and test.

So when you click play do not expect the film to begin immediately, it may take a minute for it to start as it buffers the stream down to your system.

Rating
    There are no changes to the rating system since Betrayal Fest but I feel it's important to remind you how it works.

First we allow everyone to now rate, regardless of post count, regardless of length of time at dvxuser. However, the finalists are only determined based upon the ratings of those who have 50 posts and/or have entered a film in the fest. The other ratings are for audience choice decisions.

When you click the stars, you are not ranking the specific film against the other entries. Instead you are giving that film its own rating from 1 to 10, where 1 means this is the worst this film could ever be, nothing could be done to make it worse and 10 means this is the best film it could possibly be, nothing could make it any better. You are rating the film on its own merit, not against any other film.

Ballot Stuffing
    We keep track of each individual rating, which film was rated, who rated it and what rating they gave. And we are able to, and do, look at trends in the rating.

In the past we have seen people try to sway the results by rating the films they were involved in a 10 and everything else a 1. First, this is a waste of time as the system is designed on an average rating and so these attempts to sway have little to no impact on the overal average. You do everyone a better service by giving a fair and honest appraisal of each entry, or if you don't want to do that, then don't rate.

Unfair rating trends like this will be disqualified from the overal count, so don't waste your or our time by performing such tactics.

Can I change my rating?
    Until viewing closes, the system allows you to alter your rating. Sometimes you feel a particular way about a film and give a rating that reflects it, but after further reflection or subsequent viewings you realize the rating does not accurately reflect your view of the film. In this case, simply reclick the stars to mark the revised value.

Problems viewing or rating
    If you run into any issues with either the viewing or the rating portions of the system, please note the problem in the provided Technical Issues thread. This will be the only place we'll monitor for problems with the system.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...-Issues-Thread

Have fun!

2. Collapse Details
    Awesome job Larry as always.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

3. Collapse Details
    DVXFest Promo Guru Rodney V. Smith's Avatar
    And so it begins! Somebody buy Larry some beer already!

Rodney Smith - Flyin' Monkey Films
    Writer/Director/Cinematographer
    Website | IMDB Link | Web Series
    HVX200, Brevis35+Flip, Glidecam V-8

4. Collapse Details
    Joystick Member Richard J. Johnson's Avatar
    Great Job Larry. Zero issues on my end.

Canon 7D+Teddybear T-Finder+Tamron & Canon Glass+lighting+a bunch of other stuff+2 Beautiful Babies.

"Torn" Available now!
    http://www.rsquaredfilms.com/films/torn.html

Vimeo Channel: http://vimeo.com/channels/47561

"RaZoRbLaDe cItY" December 2010. A Maverick Entertainment Release
    http://www.maverickentertainment.cc/...azorblade-city

5. Collapse Details
    is there are reason you guys stopped giving info like what camera the film was shot on? i liked that.

6. Collapse Details
    So I just loaded up the viewing site on my iPod just for a lark... and holy s*%t! it' works on iPod! I can now view all of the films from my iPod and that's flipping HUGE! Thanks guys, that's a huge improvement that we can all get behind.

****apparently not every film plays back.. Only a handful so far...***
    Last edited by Rodney V. Smith; 10-26-2010 at 01:04 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney V. Smith View Post
    So I just loaded up the viewing site on my iPod just for a lark... and holy s*%t! it' works on iPod! I can now view all of the films from my iPod and that's flipping HUGE! Thanks guys, that's a huge improvement that we can all get behind.

****apparently not every film plays back.. Only a handful so far...***
    Can't you find anything smaller to watch these on?

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazaCast View Post
    Can't you find anything smaller to watch these on?
    I'm gonna be on the bus and my laptop screen is busted. Pretty much the only downtime i'll be seeing, so I'd wanted to watch the films again while i travelled. Is that such a crime?

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney V. Smith View Post
    I'm gonna be on the bus and my laptop screen is busted. Pretty much the only downtime i'll be seeing, so I'd wanted to watch the films again while i travelled. Is that such a crime?
    Yes...yes it is.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazaCast View Post
    Yes...yes it is.
    Sometimes you just can;t win: hey! my blackberry screen is smaller! I should try it there too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast