1. Collapse Details
    Hollywood 35mm DOF Adapter on HMC150?
    I was thinking about picking up the Hollywood 35mm DOF Adapter for my HMC150 and I was wondering if anyone has anything to say about the product or how they think it'll work with the HMC150. Any info on it would be great!

http://hollywooddof.com/index.htm

Thanks!

2. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    This is the first I've ever heard of it.

The best thing I can say about the sample footage is -- the sound wasn't the worst I've ever heard.

Bottom line -- you get what you pay for. If you take the gamble -- please let us know how it works out.

In general relating to any adapter -- the most important investment is the lenses -- more so than the adapter. If you mount a junk lens on a Letus Ultimate -- you'll end up with a nearly perfectly transferred image from a junk lens. People with video backgrounds seem to get confused on this -- they stick a "super zoom" on an adapter and then complain about "light loss" and "sharpness." The problem is the lens, not the adapter.

Anyway -- botom line -- I've never heard of it -- and no matter how good or bad it is -- lenses are the most important investment.

3. Collapse Details
    Very good to know! Thanks a lot! I haven't even looked passed the adapter, but I think I'll find a good lens before I buy an adapter. Thanks again!

4. Collapse Details
    From my own experience I can say that good lenses won't help you out much if the adapter and the groundglass is cheap.
    Either you go cheap from the beggining and realize the mistake afterwards, barely manage to sell it and lose money, and buy the right gear the second time. Or you do it right the first time. Check out the Brevis @ Ebay, there's many good deals! Cheap products gets expensive darn easily =P

I'm using the SGblade with my HMC, works great!

5. Collapse Details
    Hey, I've had a hollywood dof adapter for my hmc150 for the past year and love it.
    I love my old manual focus nikon lenses on it too.. the nikon look is too good.
    that adapter makes your hmc150 look like film.

here's my demo reel for some proof:

http://vimeo.com/14309313
    Caseytography.com HMC150, 35mm adapter kit, LA.

6. Collapse Details
    very very cool, Jon Casey or anyone, can you send me the model number you bought for this adapter. And if you don't mind, how much is it. i have a lot of old nikon lenses, this would be so nice.

7. Collapse Details
    Hey Jon,

I liked your video. Which nikon lenses did you use for it? I'm strongly considering getting a hollywood DOF for my HMC.

8. Collapse Details
    Can't comment about the 150, but I have used one on a 200a with good results.....