1. Collapse Details
    Adobe Premier cs5 export h.264 settings for thrill fest
    I have been looking through all the settings to best determine what will bring me under the 60mb file size and keep the quality up. So far the best h.264 setting is 500 mb and the lowest is 120.

Could someone share what settings they use?

2. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    For 720 x 480 or whatever you aspect ratio is set it to stick to 1.6 Mbps or so and you should be close. Target and maximum at the same.

Format: H.264 Preset: Custom. VBR 1 pass. Enter your frame width and height. Check use maximum render quality near the bottom.

I used CS5 for mine. It also tells you what it thinks the projected size will be. It projected 75mb and came in at 56 or so. It will also depend on the length of your film. You can go at a higher bit rate if you didn't go the full 6 minutes.

For 5 minutes you could set it to 2.2 Mbps.

Sound: AAC, 48 kHz, Audio Quality: High, 128kbps

Looks and sounds good.

MAH

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

3. Collapse Details
    I used the Youtube SD template, slightly modified.

The projected size is pretty accurate for a normal daylight film, but when i rendered "Hot Property" which is almost all shot at night, the file size was lower as the data was less in the image.

Dangerous Derk Productions - Award Winning Film Makers
    My Youtube Channel - Watch my movies on Youtube

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks MAH that worked, I had to go to 1.2 but it still looks good.

5. Collapse Details
    Good stuff! Glad it worked.

MAH

6. Collapse Details
    cheers MAH, I had to play around with it, but it looks a lot better. Bollox to quicktime tho and their gamma issue. It looks different in VLC to quicktime on the mac, looks a bit milky on the PC, desaturated in quicktime, far too dark in WMP, and acceptable but not very punchy on the PS3.

just waiting on my score. I gave him literally no time at all so I don't expect it till tonight :-/

7. Collapse Details
    Awesome! Glad I could Help.

I hear you though, mine looked a bit washed out in QT. Looks different on just about every player I use.
    Maybe if they convert to flash like they did last time that will change things. I think it was flash? Not sure.
    Whatever they used to stream it

MAH

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

8. Collapse Details
    We need a format/device that run a THX standard type thingy, but for video. But i guess people will always play with the settings. Like when you go into a TV shop and everything's on 100%

Begs the question why people would bother with class 1 grading monitors. I just don't see the point when I've never seen 2 LCD's give the same colour or contrast.

When I was at college years ago we had this pretty good sound studio with massive expensive speakers, but when we did our mix down we were told to use these much cheaper small ones as he said 'That's what most people will be listening to it on'.

I used to keep an old 14" sony CRT in my edit room just to check the grading, as LCD's are so unreliable. but it blew up my blackmagic card a few months back!

9. Collapse Details
    CRT's were great. I agree though, Every TV I see now has a different looking image on it.
    It all depends on the calibration and most people don't bother.

MAH