Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    What's the Difference Between the Panasonic VW-VBG6PPK 5400mAh and 5800mAh batteries?
    Just pre-buying some batteries for the AF100 (B&H are already 2-4 weeks on backorder). Some Panasonic VW-VBG6PPK batteries are listed as 5400mAh / 39Wh, while others are listed as 5800mAh. Are one or the other of these batteries older or superceded? It's a little confusing as both ccapacities have the same model number.

Then again, a new battery may be launched with the AF100. I wish they would release a more detailed brochure.
    Peter Corbett
    php.com.au

2. Collapse Details
    Peter,

If the capacity ratings are correct, then the 5800 mAh battery will last 7% longer than the 5400 mAh. It would not surprise me if Panasonic upped the capacity of this model (by using better cells) without changing the model number. At any rate, I would choose the higher capacity versions.

Paul Vicente

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks Paul,

I did find one thread where it was suggested the 5800mAh version only carried a true charge of 5400mAH, and the labeling was changed to reflect this, but I think you may be right; the 5800mAh is probably the newer one.
    Peter Corbett
    php.com.au

4. Collapse Details
    No, the 5800 mAh are the first batteries. They were there since the HMC150. I have 3 of those.
    Sylvain Primeau
    www.primeaumedias.com

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by SPrimeau View Post
    No, the 5800 mAh are the first batteries. They were there since the HMC150. I have 3 of those.
    Is there something wrong with them? If 5800mAh batteries could be found is there any reason to get the 5400mAh over those?

6. Collapse Details
    I ordered and received 3 of the batteries from B&H. They say 5400mAh on them. B&H doesn't know why their site and Panasonic's site says they should be 5800mAh, and I spoke to 3 people there. Does anyone have an explanation for what's up with the mAh rating on these batteries and can confirm they are good and the right ones?

7. Collapse Details
    Jan, is this something you can answer? Even the Panasonic website says the batteries are supposed to 5800 mAh. http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp...odel=VWVBG6PPK

Thanks!

8. Collapse Details
    My 2 Panasonic batts also purchased recently from B&H also say 5400mAh instead of the published 5800mAh. My 2 Chinese Ebay batts say 6600mAh and my 2 Lenmar batts say 5300mAh but had been advertised as 5500mAh.

Go figure. They all seem to charge up ok in my IDX double charger but I still need a camera to test them. Check back in a year and I'll tell you which ones still take a charge.

9. Collapse Details
    On page 19 of the AF100 manual (Volume 1) it says the battery is 5800mAh as well.

10. Collapse Details
    Hey Jan, I see you're back on the forum today. Could you please get to the bottom of this battery issue? It's nearly an 8% difference in battery life and could make a difference. I want to make sure I'm not getting an old version of the battery that's been sitting in a warehouse for 3 years too. Thanks!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast