Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    SEARCHING FOR ANGELS (formerly JANE DOE)
    UPDATE: 11/16/11

Secured 10 US city theatrical release + US DVD distribution!!

UPDATE: 04/30/11

Picture lock achieved! Now re-named "SEARCHING FOR ANGELS"!

UPDATE: 04/15/11

New trailer uploaded!!

UPDATE: 04/13/11

New posters added! And we're almost at picture lock!!

UPDATE: 02/02/11

Official extended trailer added!!

UPDATE: 10/10/10

Hey everyone, I'm a producer on Jane Doe and have taken over the thread for mastermind. I'll try to develop a production log based on what I can remember - feel free to ask specific questions and if I don't know the answer, I'll find out for you.

This has all been shot on 7Ds - usually with one camera, but we had a B camera out for some of the shoot days as well. We do have a teaser trailer that we cut back in February floating around online (I think its in this thread somewhere), but will likely be re-cutting a trailer in the following months...still to be seen however.

We are about 85% through principal photography and are excited to be this close to completion!

Foreign market poster (name change to Searching for Angels):

"Like" our Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/JaneDoeMovie

Check out the official extended trailer for the film here!

VIMEO LINK:

Last edited by Kegan; 11-16-2011 at 01:32 PM.
    "I dream for a living" - Steven Spielberg

IMDb Page

studio m

2. Collapse Details
    If you guys are into it I'd definitely love to make this a production blog of sorts. I know as a filmmaker I loved reading everyone elses production blogs since i joined this site in 2001 i think or whatever it was. so lemme know if you want me to do so aswell and I'd be honoured.
    JANE DOE the movie starring Vivica A. Fox and Veronika London
    http://www.facebook.com/janedoemovie
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1836010/
    www.janedoemovie.com

3. Collapse Details
    "Jane Doe" a Canon 7D feature going into production
    Can you describe the gear breakdown a little further. Which fast primes? How are you handling timecode? Planning a traditional vid assist or just HDMI on camera?
    Mirror Image Pictures
    Atlanta, Savannah, Cincinnati and Dubai, UAE.
    Co-Owner and Director of Photography. Avid Nitris Editing, Certified Steadicam Operation, and Pro-Tools Sound Design.

RED ONE cameras, HPX/HVX cameras, 35mm Adapters, EFP/ENG Audio, Steadicam, Jib, Dolly, and Grip/Electric Packages Available.

4. Collapse Details
    In terms of lenses i have a canon 85mm 1.8, canon 50mm 1.4 and a sigma 20mm 1.8

For camera i ahve the Redrock DSLR cinema bundle, mattbox with sideflags, follow focus with gears and whip extension, shoulder mount etc..I also picked up the Zacuto Z-finder.

Also picked up a bunch of Shneider Classic Softs 1/4, 1/2, 1, and 2 (i found the 1/8 almost pointless..but i may be mistaken) i have camera tests this week so if i feel my highlights are too diffused with the 1/4 on the wide end i'll then pick up a 1/8. Also grabbed an ND6 and a pola.

I have a "day to day" lighting kit with consists of a couple 2bank flourescent fixtures with kino bulbs in them and a 1k, 650, 300 kit.

Cant think of anything else really worth mentionning here, grip stuff, A/C, etc etc...

I'll be renting every now and then things like an 1.2HMI, doorway dolly and track, jib arm etc.. (basically stuff i cant afford) however that in itself will be sparse.

Oh yeah forgot the monitor, i'm using the HDMI connection with an IKAN 8" hd monitor. not the greatest i know but it is what it is...lol.

In regards to timecode i'm not too sure what you mean there. Can you clarifY? Basicallly i'm shooting a feature so I'm basically gonna shoot, sync and edit. Ofcourse i'll keep my masters of an online cus my system probably wont be able to handle the codec so i'll be editing proxies then relink the original footage for CC and export. I THINK..lol. I'm really new to the 7D (never used the 5d either) just basically have been shooting Red, 35mm and super16mm even HD but no on a still camera yet so just working out all the bugs for myself.
    JANE DOE the movie starring Vivica A. Fox and Veronika London
    http://www.facebook.com/janedoemovie
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1836010/
    www.janedoemovie.com

5. Collapse Details
    Frame Grabs/BTS Photos:

More soon to come!
    Last edited by Kegan; 10-11-2010 at 11:15 AM.
    "I dream for a living" - Steven Spielberg

IMDb Page

studio m

6. Collapse Details
    Of course, I'd love to see a production blog...especially since you're shooting with an SLR.

Nice site and best of luck!

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermind View Post
    Hey guys, finally shooting my first feature. Grabbed a 7D, a ton of accesories from Redrock and a nice set of fast primes. Principal photography start in January 2010 and I'm thus far aiming for a 24 day shoot. In very sure that i'll be coming here more and more asking questions regarding the 7D as I go along.

heres our poster and you can also check out our website: www.janedoemovie.com theres also a synopsis and more info about the film there. Its a pretty ambitious project but hopefully we'll get through it.

Very finally if you're motivated enough to do so definitely join our facebook fan page. I'll be giving production updates there regularly plus I'm "formerly" a music video director so my facebook is all recording artists. would be great to have a few filmmakers like myself on there: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jane-D...7090138?ref=ts

AWESOME!!! I know there's a few other features which just started filming so any more we can add to the mix is a great boost for the camera!

Don't forget to check out http://www.cinema5d.com/index.php and http://philipbloom.co.uk/blog/ for all the best 7D info. If you ever get stuck on anything, I recommend looking at Cinema5D first since they've been dealing with the 5D & 7D the longest. Good luck with your shoot, and make sure you keep us updated on the progress!
    Derek Bellamy
    Executive Producer l JPJ Studios
    Derek@JPJStudios.com
    www.JPJStudios.com

8. Collapse Details
    Kingston, ON. Close to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal.
    Excited about this. I agree that timecode is not that big a deal for a feature that is sync-sound on a non-timecode audio device anyway, as long as you keep your rushes organized, you'll be fine.

Definitely be sure to post about this on Cinema7D! The folks there (me!) will be excited about this. Poster looks SLICK.

Sounds like you're editing on a PC? If so, forget about messing around with proxies. Save yourself a headache, and spend a hundred bucks on NeoScene. it works, it really does. Beautiful 4:2:2 codec that transcodes fast, and edits in real time. I did some betatesting for the Cineform guys when the 7D came out, and can confidently tell you that they now have a version of NeoScene that works flawlessly with the 7D. It's worth it.

9. Collapse Details
    Why, in the production photos, is there a RED One camera being shown filming this? What a joke.

10. Collapse Details
    Maybe because he mentioned that up until now he’s been primarily shooting Red, 35mm, Super 16 and even HD on all of his projects. He said principal photography for this current film doesn’t start until January and he just picked up a 7D expecting a 24 day shoot. I’d guess that photo is from another set. But….what do I know.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast