Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    "Yer Killin me" a film by Kyle Murphy
    yer-killin-me_FF_7_edited-1.jpg

Well, here's the poster, (probably ;)
    It's filmed and mostly edited now and currently working on audio and sound effects. I gotta say, this has so far been a very fun procrastination!
    Last edited by 2062ad; 10-22-2010 at 09:01 PM.
    Som Ep'Laceak media

2. Collapse Details
    9:00 am oct 9
    I believe that with a few tweeks I can call this done and ready to submit. well, ready is relative since I'm still a novice in all practical terms. But I am loving this. And what a great site this is as well, I only just picked up my dvx100a about 2 years ago and immediately found I had the right cam to start off with for me. This site has been instrumental in my quest for knowledge with all things related.

9:05 am oct 9

TIMELINE:

oct 4- * jump on dvxuser for a browse and some research and BANG! there was thrillfest.
    *hand on forehead searching for a story
    *light bulb goes off and the script spills out of my head faster than I can type<---err, practiced hunt and peck
    *go to refrig and get a beer on the way out to the studio
    *build the set, build a rig to support a lighting prop, set up camera (on some sort of rig I built in the last couple weeks but as yet have no name for it), and light the scene

oct 5- *work on scripting
    *Lights, camera, action! we shoot all the dialog then move to an effects shot which went fun as hell but not to a productive end ;)
    *load into editing program and do a quick edit to see where I am
    *realize that yes I am still a novice and make mental notes on what works, the shortcomings, and continuity issues..."now, (scratches forehead), how can I make all these noob induced deficiencies work for me"

oct 6- *edit edit edit edit edit.......
    *shoot pick ups
    *get a brainstorm and re-shoot the fx sequence

oct 7- *getting closer on the edit
    *re-record some V.O. stuff with both cast members and an additional scene
    *feels like I'm cramming for a college exam as I edit 'till 2 in the morning knowing full well the alarm for work
    will be sounding in about 2 1/2 hrs

oct 8- * other audio and sound effects. no time to set up the archaic "studio" I have so I dig into my own resources and
    freesounds.org in desperate attempt at giving the audio some life. Oh, procrastination you beautiful ugly thing.
    lots of blending and warping and that gets close
    * more editing, not happy with a major scene. Again "make my deficiencies work for me, hmmm?" dive desperately into
    premiere elements 4 <---yes, I know, 8 crashed my comp and can't afford pro right now, all things in good time ;).
    That said I honestly think that I've learned more about this program, and editing in general, than I have in any other project
    I've done to date. And I guess that's the main reason I'm here anyway.
    * 1:20 am export movie and critique for about 6 viewings then sleep

oct 9- in progress ;) currently pondering re-shoot #2 of the fx sequence. It's better than what i expected when i started the journey but....it's not there. i'm probably too worried about that so if it starts spoiling my fun over the project and causing stress then I take an axe to the re-shoot idea.
    Ok, but for now I'm heading to studio B (also doubles as the workshop) to experiment with that.

oct 10- haha and duh, I just saw, to my advantage actually that this 10 oct deadline as i saw it is actually the start day of uploading, not the final entry date...sooo. the good news for me is that I can start setting up to incorporate some real audio and sound fx ,stuff I generate instead of old stuff of mine and royalty free. looking fwd to that. so here we go.

oct 12- just waiting on the upload info now.

oct 13-continues to tweek

oct 15- a quandary, noob style. I see that submissions are to be uploaded in H.264 format. Aww d**m, I think that's mp4 but I really don't know, where can I download an ap to produce this? grrr

oct 16-20- MASS learning curve on a number of items as I tweek this thing. And then the inevitable comp crashes and trying to figure out H.264

oct 20- uploaded, whew

21 0ct- 3:48 pm Alaska time. checking the scales I have set up containing on one arm "nervousness" on the other "excitement" . It's maintaining a touchy balance.

22 oct- I'm carving a pumpkin with my daughter <---oh whoops, wrong forum. har har

23 0ct 1:53 Alaska time- continually wiping the sweat of nervous anticipation as the Submission status winds down toward the release for viewing.
    Last edited by 2062ad; 10-23-2010 at 03:49 PM. Reason: update log
    Som Ep'Laceak media

3. Collapse Details
    Welcome to the fest!
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

4. Collapse Details
    I say that to my hubby at dinner all the time.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
    Portfolio of an Entertainment Blogger

5. Collapse Details
    The poster is, uh, pretty graphic.

6. Collapse Details
    But what organ is it?

7. Collapse Details
    I was gonna ask the same thing... what am i looking at?

8. Collapse Details
    The poster certainly seems in keepin' with the title!

9. Collapse Details
    Hey, I just read this and jumped in ;).

"Thrillers are mostly characterized by an atmosphere of menace, violence, crime and murder by showing society as dark, corrupt and dangerous, though they often feature a happy ending in which the villains are killed or arrested. Thrillers heavily promote on literary devices such as plot twists, red herrings and cliffhangers. They also promote on moods, such as a high level of anticipation, adrenaline rush, arousal, ultra-heightened expectation, uncertainty, anxiety and sometimes even terror. The tones in thrillers are usually gritty, slick and lurid. "

it's about 1:20 am and I think I'm done. except for that--> oh damn and except for that<--ahh, the other thing too!
    Last edited by 2062ad; 10-09-2010 at 03:28 AM. Reason: forgot a part
    Som Ep'Laceak media

10. Collapse Details
    I dunno what that thing on your poster is. Or that contraption you built to hold the fan and camera. But it looks like the s&*^ is gonna hit the fan in this short

Good luck man.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast