While looking around for a way to build a tilt/shift lens for my GH1, I remembered that the gh1 comes with a body cap. So I took a macro chamber I had for M42 screw mount, and cut the cap to fit on a side of the macro chamber. Then I used a M42 macro lens I have that is in two piece: the lens itself that is in a macro tube great for the lens in the chamber. The chamber itself could only tilt horizontally and shift vertically, so I modified it with mecano to allow it to rotate vertically.
The lens itself is a Schacht Travenar 50mm f/2.8 with continuous 12 blade aperture ring.
Here is the first few tries from my home:
Shot with C settings with 24p checked, iso 100 for the firsts shots and I think it was 400 for the last one(don't remember) edited on premiere to accelerate it.
Thread: Home made Tilt & Shift lens test
Results 1 to 3 of 3
10-07-2010 02:44 PM
- Join Date
- Sep 2010
10-08-2010 04:12 AM
- Join Date
- Jul 2010
Lol - very clever!
Don't see the point of this tilt shift 'lets make everything look like a toy' business - but I am impressed by your ingenuity!
You should post a pic of this contraption.