Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Well, the Ten Commandments seem to have worked.

2. Collapse Details
    That is with no safety glasses.

3. Collapse Details
    I'm sure Moses would attest, stone tablets are easily broken... buried clay tablets that no one reads or transcribes however, seem to last for millennia in their original form...

4. Collapse Details
    I wrote my very first script on one of these.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/33733252..._desc&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

5. Collapse Details
    Drop one of those stone tablet action scripts on Michael Bay's desk and how can he ignore you. Bigger is better. No D-Girl can even lift it to send it back to you unread. CAA and William Morris Endeavor will be all over you! Success is near!

6. Collapse Details
    This one finally has been retired to a shelf in the Room of Africa home office. Wrote quite a bit on this, actually.

RemModel1.jpg
    Erik Olson

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks to all for delivering me from my seriousness - writing is soooo lonely - living with the constant risk of wasted time. As to the original question - is it naive to think that its always and only the story, the story, the gd story that counts?

The next "Best Original Screenplay" could be typed on a typewriter. Right?

8. Collapse Details
    Can we ask questions about software on this blog? Am thinking in terms of formatting only - not plotting etc.

9. Collapse Details
    Steak Knife Member David G. Smith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jimerson View Post
    I wrote my very first script on one of these.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/33733252..._desc&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title
    OMG... So did I. My folks got me that typewriter for Christmas one year... after I show great interested in taking a typing class the next term in school... eighth grade, if I remember correctly. I didn't have the heart to tell them that my interest in the typing class was because the typing teacher was a fantastic looking babe, and all the fellas were signing up for typing.... we learned on Selectrics. Of course, now, after is all said and done... I am glad I learned to type early. I spent a lot of time behind my Smith Corona manual..... and here we are.
    "The enemy of art is the absence of limitations"
    -Orson Wells.

"To me the great hope is... people that normally wouldn't be making movies will make them and suddenly some little fat girl in Ohio will be the new Mozart and will make a beautiful film using her father's camera-corder and the "Professionalism" of movie making will be destroyed forever and it will finally become an art form."
    -Francis Ford Coppola.

10. Collapse Details
    I wonder if there is software so while typing in e.g. Final Draft, each peck on a key on my computer keyboard would issue a sound effect like on the old typewriters, and when I press the ENTER key for a line return, I would get a sound effect of the carriage return from an old typewriter? Now that could be fun just for the sake of it, take away some nauseum from the blank page. Ha!

Last edited by Randall_Oelerich; 07-31-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast