1. Collapse Details
    How to solve "Mac OS Error -50" while using Toast 10 to convert 720/60p MTS?
    Ottawa, Canada and sometimes Jogja, Indonesia
    Has anyone ever had to deal with a "Mac OS Error -50"?

Hardware used:
    - SD card = Sandisk Extreme III 8GB Class 6 SDHC
    - Mac = PowerPC (not Intel) running Toast 10 to convert 720/60p MTS files
    - GH13 = with LPowell 40Mbps

Note 1:
    - No problem using 1080p files from same batch off SD card.

Already tried:
    I repaired disk permissions, as suggested by my google search to other websites' suggestions.

The error appears in following scenarios.
    Scenario 1: Converting 720/60p GH13 file using external HD as both input and output save location.

Scenario 2: Converting 720/60p GH13 file using internal HD as input and output save location.

Note 2: this also happened in the past with un-hacked files. I just gave up back then, assuming the SD card needed to be re-formated.

Trouble Shooting Resources:
    - Apple error definitions
    - Google search for "Mac OS Error 50" get more hits then "Mac OS Error -50"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DanDOF; 10-05-2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: spelling
    GH2 // 20mm f1.7 Panasonic // 50mm f1.4 Canon FD // 50mm f1.4 Nikon AF-D// Indislider Pro 24"

2. Collapse Details
    Could someone please try to convert this mts file for me? Tell me what happens and which software you are using.

I can NOT successfully convert any 720p files anymore. I need to know if its my hardware (camera/sd card/hard drive) or software (toast).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0EDIYE22
    GH2 // 20mm f1.7 Panasonic // 50mm f1.4 Canon FD // 50mm f1.4 Nikon AF-D// Indislider Pro 24"

3. Collapse Details
    So, after 1 month no one has responded. Anyone wanna take a stab at helping me solving this problem?

4. Collapse Details
    I'd like to help, but...

1) What kind of file format do you want to convert to?
    2)Your megaupload file seems to be unavailable for download.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by htinla View Post
    I'd like to help, but...

1) What kind of file format do you want to convert to?
    2)Your megaupload file seems to be unavailable for download.
    Great to hear from someone. Htinla, you could convert to either pro res or h.264. Here is the same file but diff link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/429253402/00000.MTS

6. Collapse Details
    I tried converting also using Toast 10 for Mac, but it produced an unusable "greenscreen" video. No surprise, Toast is very glitchy sometimes when it comes to processing video files, so I don't rely on it too much if I don't have to.

Next, I tried converting using a trial version of NeoScene. It converted to CineForm codec perfectly. Conversion to ProRes is available if you have ProRes on your computer, which I do not.

So, I would say Toast is the culprit here. Try a different software for your conversions. Since you're on a PowerPC machine, NeoScene might not be compatible. VoltaicHD might work, try a demo if you haven't already - could be the way to go for you.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by htinla View Post
    I tried converting also using Toast 10 for Mac, but it produced an unusable "greenscreen" video. No surprise, Toast is very glitchy sometimes when it comes to processing video files, so I don't rely on it too much if I don't have to.

Next, I tried converting using a trial version of NeoScene. It converted to CineForm codec perfectly. Conversion to ProRes is available if you have ProRes on your computer, which I do not.

So, I would say Toast is the culprit here. Try a different software for your conversions. Since you're on a PowerPC machine, NeoScene might not be compatible. VoltaicHD might work, try a demo if you haven't already - could be the way to go for you.
    Wow thank you so much! I tried VoltaicHD and it worked fine. Thanks htinla