Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaime V View Post
    I too would have had you review mine but I was sleeping.
    Got me tonight. Approved.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

ECHOES DOCUMENTARY - PURCHASE ON VIMEO ON DEMAND - ALL FUNDS GO TO THE CITY OF RIKUZENTAKAKA TO HELP CONTINUE THE REBUILD. https://vimeo.com/ondemand/echoesdocumentary

2. Collapse Details
    Joystick Member Richard J. Johnson's Avatar
    Loved the title falling from the door! I enjoyed your film. The only problem I had was with the Acting. The lead Cop wasn't convincing at all. And I thought the Young girl was pretty good but she should have taken those shades off at some point. Other than that fine job.

Canon 7D+Teddybear T-Finder+Tamron & Canon Glass+lighting+a bunch of other stuff+2 Beautiful Babies.

"Torn" Available now!
    http://www.rsquaredfilms.com/films/torn.html

Vimeo Channel: http://vimeo.com/channels/47561

"RaZoRbLaDe cItY" December 2010. A Maverick Entertainment Release
    http://www.maverickentertainment.cc/...azorblade-city

3. Collapse Details
    Yep I would agree with Richard here - the aviater shades struck me as a bit too costume-ish, the setup though was intriguing, I liked the idea of these two cops being in on serial killer type behaviour, and i think more of a foray into there dark world, rather than the circumstantial/convenience of the story we did get would have been more effective at thrilling/creeping us out! Now that said I did enjoy what was on offer here. When you can get the basic story this good - then the opportunity to explore more unique tangents asi t were is covered - which is what i would personally like to see more of next time (but hey, thats just my opinion) Well done on the film!
    Feature: LORD OF TEARS - A New Legend in Horror - Pre-Order Now http://www.lordoftears.com/

4. Collapse Details
    Well done Jaime. A nice little set up of dastardly deceit, in more ways than one.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

ECHOES DOCUMENTARY - PURCHASE ON VIMEO ON DEMAND - ALL FUNDS GO TO THE CITY OF RIKUZENTAKAKA TO HELP CONTINUE THE REBUILD. https://vimeo.com/ondemand/echoesdocumentary

5. Collapse Details
    I didn't become interested at all until the moment when the news came on and you see the house they were at last night. That's when I was completely drawn in and wanted to see what happened next. The actor playing the husband seemed to miss the pulse of the scene in some moments. One bit that bothered me was when blondie holstered her gun when the other chick (didn't catch her name) was still holding a loaded one. That was a good twist at the end with blondie being a bad guy. Overall I thought it was interesting. Good work.

6. Collapse Details
    This was fun. Full of twists for 6 minutes and nicely shot too! The opening title was great and the first twist caught me off guard. I got lulled into thinking she was going to take action over a betraying husband, so I liked that reversal. Because of that I saw the second twist coming, but it didn't make this any less fun to watch.

I wasn't convinced by the acting I have to be honest, but that's really my only gripe. good work.

7. Collapse Details
    Good work!

I figured out that the partner had to be in on the killings, but the story was interesting nonetheless. The acting could have been smoother, but quite nice overall.

8. Collapse Details
    Acting rates very low from all parties. The blonde chick with aviator sunglasses and gun, well, that' always hot (shallow but true). The news exposition was one of the few that actually worked for the film. I already knew the ending, saw it coming. Wish I felt more tension.

Forgot to give you props on music at end. Soft spot for alternative music.
    Last edited by Charli; 10-25-2010 at 09:07 AM.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
    Portfolio of an Entertainment Blogger

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard J. Johnson View Post
    Loved the title falling from the door! I enjoyed your film. The only problem I had was with the Acting. The lead Cop wasn't convincing at all. And I thought the Young girl was pretty good but she should have taken those shades off at some point. Other than that fine job.
    Thank you for watching Richard. About the shades...that was my call...I thought she looked badass in them and told her to keep them on

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by lawriejaffa View Post
    Yep I would agree with Richard here - the aviater shades struck me as a bit too costume-ish,
    As I mentioned to Richard, I liked the shades, but I can see your point.

...and i think more of a foray into there dark world, rather than the circumstantial/convenience of the story we did get would have been more effective at thrilling/creeping us out!
    I really wanted to do exactly that; show more of the serial killings. Time-wise though, I was barely able to cut what I had down to 6 minutes. Perhaps I should have gone in that direction with the story though, instead of going after the wife's revelation.

Well done on the film!
    Thank you for watching and giving your critiques, I do appreciate it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast