1. Collapse Details
    "Meat Market" comedy film by Norm Sanders
    It's been a while since I've been real active on the boards here, but at least wanted to share the link to our recently completed comedy film, entitlted "Meat Market". By far my biggest production to date since "Berlin", and I'm praying is my last short film before finally being able to smash my way forth with a feature!

You can check out the trailer(s) here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icchh...x=0&playnext=1

The website for the film is located here: www.SynergyFilm.com/meat

And finally the fanpage for the film on FB is here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Meat-M...m/320691943955

Look forward to any thoughts you'd like to share, and if you're interested in indie bts goodness, then I can at least attest the the DVD is PACKED, very similar to what I did with "Berlin".

Also, Stefan Scherperel (DVXuser name "Scharky") was the DP on this with his RED. Got to love networking on the internet.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

2. Collapse Details
    Hey your trailer is nice i like it alot!
    What camera did you use? what lense and what settings?

Great job...

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks. Had the blessing of being able to shoot this particular one with the RED camera, which was Stefan's, who's a GREAT DP (LOTS of them here on DVXuser) located up in Seattle, WA. I believe he mostly stuck with 50 and 85mm, though I think we went down to a 35mm for a few shots. I'll send him a text & ask what brand/type lenses they were, other than that. Will also inquire about the settings.

The DVD has several in-depth featurettes on it, one of which is all the technical of MEAT MARKET, covered with two big on-set interviews with Stefan Scherperel (DP), and Shawn Anderson (Gaffer, also from the Seattle area - I'm in Portland, OR)
    Norm Sanders

*click titles to view*
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

4. Collapse Details
    Okay, here's what I got back from Stefan on lenses & settings:

4K, 16x9.

Lenses were Nikor 28 F1.8, 50 F1.4, and 85 F1.4.

Without asking him, I can state that all lenses were most likely stopped down a few stops to get to the sweeter part of the glass, as well as not having a razor thin DOF that talent would possibly bob in & out of, if they moved one inch or the other. I like to have at least a solid 6 inches of sharp focus, before they're going to go one direction or the other, something I learned the hard way on my short film "Where Silence Falls"

Any other questions?
    Norm Sanders

*click titles to view*