Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I looked into making the window smaller and that would require a substantial amount of work. Also, the fonts end up being very hard to read (I have to use fixed fonts, and they shrink to a tiny value at the next step. Sorry, but you'll have to live with the scrollbars.

Chris

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrandin View Post
    Are you looking at GH2 files?
    No, GH1 files.

3. Collapse Details
    Are you looking at GH2 files? There is a problem with some of them.

I'll test under XP (I normally run Windows 7).

Anybody else having problems with the stream player?
    I can confirm that none of the previously playable files are playing back (black screen for output). The marker does iterate through the stream. Testing on Windows XP with ffmpeg backend.

4. Collapse Details
    StreamParser Beta 4
    I've just posted StreamParser 2.0 Beta 4. Hopefully this will resolve the XP issue.

I went back to the old player layout and removed the resize feature in the main window. All this dynamic resizing activity was having an effect on the player under XP - I have no idea why.

I think I've fixed the problem with playing the new GH2 files.

Let me know how it goes. Get it here: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showpost.p...15&postcount=1.

Chris

5. Collapse Details
    I've just posted StreamParser 2.0 Beta 4. Hopefully this will resolve the XP issue.
    It did, thanks! Playback now works for different types of footage as well, including NEX5 and TM700 files, even if the stream is not parsed properly.

6. Collapse Details
    Glad to hear it's working!

Yeah, all I've had access to is GH1/2/13 streams. Different cameras use different PID's. If you can provide short clips from these other cameras I might be able to accommodate them.

Chris

7. Collapse Details
    Glad to hear it's working!

Yeah, all I've had access to is GH1/2/13 streams. Different cameras use different PID's. If you can provide short clips from these other cameras I might be able to accommodate them.
    Chris, the following 1920x1080x60p clip (TM700) has original .MTS file available.
    And this one is NEX5's 1920x1080x50i clip. Yeah, who knew Sony would restart the Interlace Arms Race. Ugh ...

8. Collapse Details
    StreamParser 2.0 release version
    I have posted the release version of StreamParser 2.0. The main addition is support for other cameras. When an unknown camera is detected the video frames will show as gray bars. In the configuration>camera menu item it shows which camera type was detected. I have put every model I've had access to in there. If you have another Panasonic camera model that looks like it was correctly detected please let me know so I can add that model to the menu line.

Also, if there is a Panasonic AVCHD camera that was not detected let me know (and supply a very short clip from it, if you can).

You can get it here: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...=1#post2113515.

Chris
    Last edited by cbrandin; 10-08-2010 at 10:30 AM.

9. Collapse Details
    Fantastic work, Chris. Works like a charm at identifying all the different stream files I have.

10. Collapse Details
    Hello,
    many thanks, very useful tool!

I have succesfully opened with Stream Parser some 720p25 clips coming from my PAL GF13 patched using the "Fast Action 3-Frame GOP Patch" of lpowell (GREAT!!),
    and I have effectively seen the 3-frames GOP structure that in some cases reached 55Mbps-max with 45Mbps-average!

Now I have the problem to simply "cut" these ".MTS on steroids" clips without reencoding them in order to fully preserve the magic for future use and minimizing the garbage in my archives...

I have tried to simply "cut" the clips with AVIdemux, it seems that it is not reencoding,
    but I was not able to open the resulting clips with Stream Parser, in order to really verify that the stream was not reencoded amd/or corrupted.

So my humble requests are the followings:

- It is possiible/reasonable to add a simple basic "A-B cut" feature to Stream Parser based on I frames?
    I think that should be really appreciated by several people the possibility to fast cut out the "junk" from their archived clips wthout compromising the source quality and the compatibility of GH13/GF13 footage.
    (I'm not a Pro but I think that it will not be a big problem to cut only on I frames for this particular "fast cut out" purpose...)

- If not feasible, it will be eventually possible to add to Stream Parser the capability to open/analyze the .MTS files cutted with a given utility (to be eventually defined which one)?

Note that I don't know if AVIdemux is good or not for this cutting purpose, at the moment it's the only one I have found out that it "seems" to work,
    but I fear compatibility/corruption issues and I don't want to loose my files...

If someone knows another one best/reliable "lossless cutter" for GH13/GF13 files, please let me know:
    any hint it will be really appreciated. (If the output is then made readable with Stream Parser this would be near perfect).

Many thanks in advance for the attention

UPDATE/EDIT:
    sorry if posting here was not appropriate due to heavy moderation:
    I was thinking that this was the right thread because it was a Stream Parser test and related feature request...
    Please, move/delete my post if opportune.

In the meantime I have tested the output of latest rev. of tsMuxeR and TsRemux,
    they are both readable with Strem Parser:
    the frame graph bars are greyed out (in any case they look correct),
    but the time-averaged graph and the measured values for average bps are very different (even for a not-cutted stream).
    So I'm a little confused at the moment...
    Last edited by alphaomega; 10-19-2010 at 12:55 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast