Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    StreamParser 2.0 Available
    Attached is StreamParser 2.02. It has support for B frames now, as well as support for other cameras. If you examined GH2 streams with older versions you would not have seen any B frames, even if they were there. The way timings are calculated vas also been changed be based on display times for frames mode and transport stream times for time mode- this should make timing measurements more accurate with different cameras and more similar to timings editors show. Note that the bitrates will show somewhat different results in the different modes - this is by design.

Clips created with Native 24p checked are now shown as 24pH (for "Hacked")instead of 24pN. The 24pN is now used to identify native clips the GH2 produces.

I added a couple of requested features - like min/ave/max frame size and bitrate statistics in the Information Panel. Support for other camera models has been added. If an unrecognized camera type is detected the video frames will show up as gray bars. A few minor bugs were fixed as well.

A new menu item under files ("Quick Test") will open just the first 10 seconds of a file - this makes it possible to analyze the first 10 seconds of a big file without having to wait for processing of the entire file.

Instead of posting each update separately, I'll just update the download here and post update notices in this thread.

Chris
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cbrandin; 11-09-2010 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Version 2.02 available

2. Collapse Details
    New update - now Beta 2 is available at the beginning of this thread.

Updates include a few minor bug fixes and new capabilities based on some of the more recent GH2 clips I've gotten.

Note that the Player still can't play some of the new clip formats. I suspect that Panasonic is still working on the codecs, so there might be bugs in them or modes that MS Player Plug-in (that's what StreamParser uses) doesn't support yet.

Chris

3. Collapse Details
    Why do I need to reinstall from the same location as the original installation? The folder I unzip the package to may just vary. I get an error message and have to find out what the original location was and then start the setup again.

Would it be hard to make the window sizeable? I am using an old computer with a 1024x768 screen. It's not very convenient not to be able to resize the screen and have to scroll continuously to see all information.

(Why) do I need to answer the Native Stream question each time the data is processed? Once would be enough, I guess.

Tables can be sorted according to the data in a column by clicking a column header. When the tables are refilled, the sort order indicating arrow remains, but the data is filled in chronologically. The sorting order isn't maintained.
    Last edited by Fool4UAnyway; 09-25-2010 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Added two remarks

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool4UAnyway View Post
    Why do I need to reinstall from the same location as the original installation? The folder I unzip the package to may just vary. I get an error message and have to find out what the original location was and then start the setup again.

Would it be hard to make the window sizeable? I am using an old computer with a 1024x768 screen. It's not very convenient not to be able to resize the screen and have to scroll continuously to see all information.
    It's because of the MS install package. The easiest way to install is to uninstall the old version first. It would be more work than it is worth to change to another installer.

Thanks for the bug reports. I'll fix them for the next version.

I'll have to look into the window size thing - I'm not sure how hard it will be to do. I'll get back to you on that.

Chris
    Last edited by cbrandin; 09-25-2010 at 01:26 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    How do you want the sorting issue resolved? The easiest thing is to fix the sort order header to indicate chronological order when new data is populated. The problem with maintaining sort order is that data would have to be sorted when it is put in because of a new selection/load and that can take some time. Do you think going back to the same sort order when data changes would be more appropriate than going to chronological order? Note that chronological ordering is the natural order for the data, so populating new data in that order does not require a sort and is therefore quicker. If we maintain sort order all operations will take longer all the time.

Chris

6. Collapse Details
    I just mentioned the inconsistency. It's OK with me if you just remove the sort indicator from the header. If someone wants it to appear again, they can just click the column again.

7. Collapse Details
    StreamParser 2.0 Beta 3 Available
    StreamParser 2.0 Beta 3 version now available. All reported bugs were fixed. Per requests, the main window is now resizable (it puts up scrollbars). The way the stream player works was changed somewhat. The docked mode has been removed as it was causing some strange problems; instead the player is always detached and has an "on top" option. Several minor new items were added. Download available here: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showpost.p...15&postcount=1.

Chris

8. Collapse Details
    Chris, stream player does not work anymore. In previous versions it showed the clip, now it shows only black screen. I am using Windows XP.

9. Collapse Details
    Are you looking at GH2 files? There is a problem with some of them.

I'll test under XP (I normally run Windows 7).

Anybody else having problems with the stream player?

Chris

10. Collapse Details
    I do not much change in resizable behavior. My problem is the horizontal scrollbar that was already there in the first version. If you could make any of the three top panels auto(re)size (attached), as well as the Stream Frames panel, I could just capture all information in one view without having the need to scroll. It would also make sense to have the Maximize (Window Size) button enabled.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast