1. Collapse Details
    Author P2 cards in.....
    Is it possible to author a P2 card in Raylight 3 for Mac? I remember that the previous authoring version just never worked (sorry!)

I have a number of Mini-DV clips that I'd like to store with P2CMS
    Cheers

Indy....

2. Collapse Details
    Hey Indy,

Yes, you can create a P2 card with Raylight for Mac 3 using the 'Show P2 Options' button in the bottom right of the Raylight control panel. You just drag/drop a DVCPRO HD, DVCPRO 50 or DVCPRO quicktime movie into the Raylight for Mac control panel or you can browse and select from the 'Show P2 Options' panel. You can enter metadata and choose your p2 card size as well.

In our Raylight for Mac video tutorial, you can view the process around the 3:30min mark. http://dvfilm.com/tutorials.htm

If you have troubles with making a P2 card, please let us know so we can help fix the problem. Contact DVFilm Support at http://dvfilm.com/support.htm

Best Regards,
    Andy Olson
    Contact me about being your location sound mixer or videographer in the Austin area
    Audio - PSC M4A+ 4ch mixer, Tascam DR60d, Fostex FR2LE, Sennheiser 416t, Audix SC1xHC, Audio-Technica AT822 Stereo Mic, Rode Blimp
    BM4k - 17-50mm F2.8 Sigma
    GH2, Lumix 14mm, 20mm, 45mm, 14-42mm, Speedbooster
    Nikon Prime Set

3. Collapse Details
    Andy, thanks..... a mate had an older version of Raylight and I seem to remember him saying that the making P2 Cards feature was 'broken'.

Anyway no matter it works in this version.

Indy....

BTW is there a technical reason that this is limited to the Codecs it is?

4. Collapse Details
    There were problems with early versions of Mac OSX locking MXF files and p2 cards that may have been the cause, but it does work now. Our company tries to fix any bugs as soon as possible so let us know if any come up. Give the demo a shot if you are thinking about trying it out. http://dvfilm.com/raylight/mac/index.htm

P2 Cards are only for P2 mxfs which are Panasonic proprietary so only those codecs are allowed. I believe DV also works. AVC-intra doesn't work and probably won't be supported because it can be exported through Compressor with a software from Panasonic.

Best,
    Andy
    Contact me about being your location sound mixer or videographer in the Austin area
    Audio - PSC M4A+ 4ch mixer, Tascam DR60d, Fostex FR2LE, Sennheiser 416t, Audix SC1xHC, Audio-Technica AT822 Stereo Mic, Rode Blimp
    BM4k - 17-50mm F2.8 Sigma
    GH2, Lumix 14mm, 20mm, 45mm, 14-42mm, Speedbooster
    Nikon Prime Set