Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Hi there,

My name is Johnny and I'm an aspiring filmmaker and film student based in Florida. It's a pleasure to be here and part of this community. I look forward to contributing helpful and knowledgable information as well as receiving some in return.

I look forward to speaking with a lot of you.

Thanks so much!

~ Johnny Silvis.

2. Collapse Details
    Hi. My name is Jim Evans and I am located just North of Dayton, OH. I started playing with photography about 53 years ago and then got a degree in Commercial Photography and went pro in 1988.

I have thought about Video for years and I have finally decided to jump in. My hmc150 arrives tomorrow!

Video seems to be very different from still work but I am sure that much of what I have gained in knowledge over the years will be adaptable and very useful. Am looking forward to using these forums to learn and seek advice.

3. Collapse Details
    Hi Johhny, Jim

Welcome aboard.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

4. Collapse Details
    Hi all

Signed up a couple of days ago but have been scanning the forum for a while. I'm pleased to say the forum persuaded me to purchase the Panasonic ag-dvx100b over the Canon XL2. I'm from snowy England and have up until recently been making videos in my spare time for family and friends on my Canon MVX20i using iMovie (although I've recently stepped up to Final Cut Express 4). Over the passed 6 years I've mostly record gigs, weddings, although I do tend to use the camcorder to document my own art work as well. Anybody with a love of pre-cinema devices might like to check out the pedal powered phenakistoscope on Axis:

http://www.axisweb.org/seCVPG.aspx?ARTISTID=14263

I also have a real love for shooting and developing Super 8 film!

Anyway the reason for signing up is for help. Over the next year me and my mate hope to become self taught in the art of video. We want to step our amateur vids up and get them to another level. We'll need advice on everything from how to use this beautiful camcorder in practice to setting up operating systems, which programs to use, what external hard drive is best etc... Lots of questions basically.

Hopefully I might be able to contribute to the forum myself but for the most part might remain silent for the first few months as not to look like a fool! I pick things up pretty quick so I should be helping out here in no time. Any useful links to other sites that might help me in my quest to master video would be very much appreciated!

Regards
    Kevin

5. Collapse Details
    chicago, the manhattan for non billionaires & their employees
    Hi everybody, my name is Andy and Unlearny!

I'm sans clue in the technical department, been waiting the last 15 years for the technology to stabilize, or something. DIY

6. Collapse Details
    Hello everyone
    I'm new in this field and hope you all be my friends!

7. Collapse Details
    Wow, kevtim, that pedal powered thingamajig is awesome! The name is even fun to say. Good luck with your videos -- this looks like a great place to learn

8. Collapse Details
    Hello Everyone

This is Andy From Convergent Design,

It is always good to get feedback from customers on things done well, and not, to a degree.

9. Collapse Details
    Hey guys, this will only be Josh posting here. Just to fill you guys in, my friend Zack and I have been making films for what seems like years now...and we're only seniors in high school. Been making videos since at least the 5th grade. Learned most, if not all, of what we know from personal experience and from just watching movies. We have done just about everything from epic attempts at a non-stop action movie to hilarious music videos to horror-comedy shorts to high school lipdubs. I look forward to seeing others' work and trying to give advice.

10. Collapse Details
    Greetings all. Not new here, just saying hi. I've recently had my username changed to my real name. I signed up when the original DVX came out. Well, I've grown up since then, so has my career. I just wanted my name here to grow up with me.

- Jarek aka JesterJJZ
    Shoot for the Impossible...Then do it.

www.jarek.com
    Red Weapon 8K

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast