Page 96 of 312 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe Lansing View Post
    The images during panning shots donīt look good - its a kind of flickering. I donīt know what it is. With the canons iīve never seen this behavior with 24p...
    If Panasonic really officially allows people to shoot and distribute such incredibly crappy stuff with a "pre-production" GH2 (Whatever this means) then they would be out of their minds. This looks like someone made rather fast panning with much too long a lens and too short a shutter speed.

I guess this was in reality shot by the Secret Society of Sony-Sisters or the Clandestine Cult of the Canonistas to undermine the new product. Yep - conspiracies wherever we look..... ;-)

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by tipota View Post
    ...This looks like someone made rather fast panning with much too long a lens and too short a shutter speed.
    He has shot these scenes with a shutter of 1/50 - thatīs ok. But right, the pannings are a bit too fast and perhaps the focal length was too long... I just took a closer look at slower pannings - they seem to be ok. But we have to keep an eye on that...
    Last edited by Uwe Lansing; 10-15-2010 at 06:35 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by roei z View Post
    can anyone comment on that please?
    I don't see any indication of interlacing in that footage. Are we sure it is 1080i and not 1080p? I don't see any flickering at all.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
    .... Are we sure it is 1080i and not 1080p? I don't see any flickering at all.
    Its 1080p24. Did you watch the downloaded file? Its pretty obvious on the guys white t-shirt at 00:09-00:11. I donīt know how to call it..."flickering" or a kind of "bad interlacing appearances"... As I said before, Iīve never seen it with a canon...

5. Collapse Details
    The images during panning shots donīt look good - its a kind of flickering. I donīt know what it is. With the canons iīve never seen this behavior with 24p...

It's quite peculiar. I noticed it on the other 24p footage that's available, and I thought it might have been down to them being 24p, rather than 25p (even though I'm pretty sure that difference isn't visible, lol). If you ask me it resembles film footage though, and it might be because there's less rolling shutter. Actually, now I come to think of it, 24/25p CCD camcorders have this kind of clear judder, too. So maybe it really is down to less rolling shutter.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by AKED View Post
    Some seemingly not so good news about taking pictures during video:

In a German forum a guy took this from the Panasonic GH2 features website, which is now offline and not available any more.
    There was written, that there are 2 possibilities:
    I think that this had been widely known for long.
    He is correct.
    You can't shoot still and have smooth video run in same time.

7. Collapse Details
    btw,
    i can't watch the mp4 file on my pc: quicktime, vlc, and free mp4 player won't play...
    what do you use?
    thanks

8. Collapse Details
    Footage from any camera, panned this quickly, will have some degree of "flickering". Additionally, this footage looks like it was shot at fairly high shutter speed. I see in the comments author talking about 1/50 sec shutter. But there is no motion blur between frames whatsoever.

Edit: there seems to be discussion of two recently posted clips. Above comments are regarding "Lumix GH2 - 1080/24p Raw Clip Sample"
    Last edited by svecher; 10-15-2010 at 07:38 AM. Reason: clarified which clip is being discussed

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by svecher View Post
    Footage from any camera, panned this quickly, will have some degree of "flickering". Additionally, this footage looks like it was shot at fairly high shutter speed. I see in the comments author talking about 1/50 sec shutter. But there is no motion blur between frames whatsoever.
    I am not sure that I want to really discuss material where someone takes one lousy shot waving the camera from a window down onto a run-down tourist place and shout's "my pre-production-GH2 did lay a golden egg".

I am very critical of some of Panasonic's probable decisions about the GH2 if it really should come with the specs as recently advertised...... but really, somebody give us a break, please: This comes down as having the same predictive qualities as reading the innards of a dead fish.

10. Collapse Details
    Tried a few players only one that worked was K-lite codec pack

Quote Originally Posted by roei z View Post
    btw,
    i can't watch the mp4 file on my pc: quicktime, vlc, and free mp4 player won't play...
    what do you use?
    thanks

Page 96 of 312 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast